chapter #5

"I...uh..I," you couldn't get the words out. Your face burned. This is what you got for flirting with the God of Mischief. Sliding off the counter you slipped past him to the toaster. Turning you saw he was leaning on the counter, where you had been sitting. He looked a little far away. Good. she could slip away unnoticed before she had a panic attack. Turning you saw that he had disappeared.

You read in your room for a few hours before Jarvis announced it was dinner. Making your way to the table you noticed that Loki wasn't there. You also noticed that Clint and Natasha had their legs locked under the table. You seemed to be the only one that noticed this.

"Where's Loki?" you asked as casually as you could, staring pointedly at the room who's attention you'd just grabbed.

"Why do you care? He took his food to his room," Tony informed her. Natasha gave you a pointed, suggestive look, smirking. You smiled as sweetly as you could, locking eyes with her. She must've gotten the message because her smile faded and there was a movement under the table. Clint shot her a questioning look.

After dinner everyone settled down in front of the TV. After half an hour of everyone arguing what to watch, you excused yourself and started down the hall.

"Where are you going," Steve asked, looking up,

"My room," you lied. You wanted to see Loki. tapping on his door you waited for a response but received none. Opening the door you looked in. He lay on his bed with his arms over his head. Asleep. Sighing, you closed the door. Heading to your room you decided to try and sleep. But again, sleep didn't come. Sitting up you decided to keep reading.

Opening your eyes you realized you had fallen asleep. It was a little after midnight. You looked around confused. Why were you awake? Then you heard it again. Muffled cries from somewhere in the tower. No, you thought, I'm imagining it. But they didn't stop. The cries continued. As if someone was in agonizing pain. Getting up you slipped out the door. Listening, the noises came from Loki's room. You tapped lightly. No response. Pushing open his door, you saw him on his bed. Blankets tossed back and he was laying limply on his bed. Tiptoeing to his bed you looked down upon him. He was trembling and covered in sweat. His raven locks tousled and clinging to his forehead. His lips formed incoherent words and he shook.

"Loki, wake up!" you hissed. He groaned, and his eyes snapped open with a horrified expression. "Sorry I woke you, do you want me or leave?" you asked gently.

You could see he was struggling to pull himself fully out of his night terror, but he shook his head. You sat down a bit awkwardly, not sure what to do. You watched as his eyes began to close, and his breath slowly struggled to even out.

Before you had time to think, his arms reached out and pulled you against him. His face buried in the crook of your shoulder. A warmth exploded inside you. It was tingly and strange, but you didn't fight it. You felt him pull you even closer as the last of the shivering stopped. You could feel the heat of his body radiating against yours. Curling your body to fit against his, you sighed. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all.