chapter #4

Pulling yourself out of bed earlier than usual that morning, you changed and made your way downstairs. You were about to enter the kitchen when the sight before you made you stop short. There stood Clint and Natasha talking...no, making out.

"It's rude to eavesdrop," said a low voice by your ear. Spinning around you found yourself an inch from the God of Mischief's face. So close you could feel his warm breath and hear the smirk in his voice.

"And what exactly are you doing then," you huffed, pushing him aside and making your way to the kitchen. You could hear his low, melodious laugh behind you. Stepping into the kitchen you greeted Natasha and Clint, now separated and looking innocent. Loki followed close behind. Glaring at him, he raised his eyes threateningly and your stare changed into pleading. When he made no move to tell you reached for a pot to start coffee.

"Anyone want any?" you asked. Natasha and Clint shook their heads. Turning to Loki you raised your eyebrows in question.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Oh never mind, I'll just make you a cup," you said as Tony walked in. He nodded approvingly when he saw coffee already in the works.

"Is it a party down here? Cause I wasn't invited." he joked.

"No, apparently everybody had the same idea of getting up early for some quiet time," you huffed. The annoyance in your voice slipped out a little causing Nat to give you a look. You handed Loki his cup of the black liquid and turned away with your own ready to leave the slowly filling room of people. You stopped with the sound of a crash behind you. Turning, you saw Loki spit the coffee out onto the floor. The mug broke at his feet.

"What is this disgusting drink!" he spat.

"Loki! You don't have to break the mug," you griped. Bending down you reached for the broken mug.

"Shit!" you exclaimed as dark red blood welled from the palm of your hand. You glanced at Loki before turning away to clean your hand somewhere he wasn't. His eyes were shadowed as if he didnt mean for you to injure yourself. You passed Thor as you walked to your room.

"Morning my lady, have you seen Loki? He's not in his room," he asked pleasantly.

"Last I saw he was in the kitchen smashing mugs," you answered heatedly as he took in your hand covered in blood.

Once your hand was bandaged you made your way to the couch to find that Clint and Tony were fighting over the remote. Snatching it out of their hands you tossed it to Bruce who had been sitting patiently waiting for them to be done. They both groaned and Tony gave you his middle finger. Slicing yourself some bread you put it in the toasted and hopped up on the counter to wait. Loki entered the kitchen.

"I see you survived your talk with Thor," you teased. The frustration you had this morning no longer bothers you.

"I told you I can handle him," he replied in equally good humor. Flashing one of his charming smiles. His expression suddenly changed. "Why do you talk to me?" he asked.

"I...I don't know. I like to, I guess," you stuttered, taken aback by his bluntness.

"Do you trust me?" he questioned, stepping closer to you.

"Define 'trust'," you teased.

"I tried to kill you, you know," he said slightly amused. He saw you instantly flinch and recoil as if you had been hit by an invisible blow. Instantly he knew he had gone a step too far.

**that's the end of this chapter lovies. I hope you all are enjoying this series so far. Let me know <3**