chapter #21

~SASHA~

It had been close to a month now, since Loki's departure. The past few days had been filled with rain and murky clouds. You rolled out of your bed. The weather matches your mood perfectly. The nightmares came and went each night. Some nights, you found yourself in one of the avengers arms, being comforted. And others, you found yourself completely alone. Your screams silenced by the downpour.

You found yourself missing his arms around you. Wait. no. you shook your head; clearing him from your mind. He was gone, most likely never coming back, and you had to get used to that. You found yourself walking to Tony's room. Thumping on the door, you opened it.

"Hey do you want to go to a bar tonight?" you asked.

"That's definitely a first, but HECK YES!" he grinned. You left to collect the rest.

You and the rest of the team filed into the crowded bar. It was dim, and music was blasting from speakers installed who knew where. You bump into people dancing as you make your way to the bar. The bartender makes his way towards your group and smiles. You order a margarita, and turn to your friends. They all are ordering some super alcoholic drink, ready to get drunk and party. You sigh and offer the bartender a small smile as he sets down your drink.

Sipping the icy drink you observed the people around you. A guy in a neon orange shirt was trying to get a petite lady's attention. You laughed to yourself. People were pathetic. Natasha pulls you up from your stool, and drags you to the dance floor.

"Come on Sasha! Dance with us," she giggled. Already a little tipsy. You laugh and throw up your hands. It felt good to let loose. A little after midnight you rush to the bathroom on wobbly legs, only to throw up all the alcohol you had downed. It burned your throat and made your eyes water. This was the part you hated the most about drinking too much.

Leaving the bathroom, which smelled horrendous, you made your way back to the group.

"Hey guys, I think I'm ready to head home," you said loudly, trying to be heard over the obnoxious music blaring in the background.

"But the night's only begun," Tony replied, slurring his words, just as loudly. It was quite obvious he was very drunk.

"Well you guys can stay here then, and I'll call a cab," you stated, "but I want to go home." the group nodded, and surprisingly, let you go. You hailed a taxi, and gave the river your location. It was close to one when you arrived back at the Stark tower. It was dark.

Without even consciously thinking about what you were doing, you found yourself opening Loki's door. Crawling onto the bed, you curled up under his cold sheets. The smell of him had been long replaced with crisp new covers that smelled like laundry detergent and fabric softener. You were drunk, so you don't remember crying into his pillow. And even if you did remember, you would never have admitted it. You didn't want to miss him.

A/N - Hey, sorry this chapter is so short. It's kind of hard to break up sections of the book so I can start a new chapter with some new drama or suspense without making a few chapters rather short. Thanks for reading xx.