chapter #24

That morning it rained again. You opened your eyes to find yourself sprawled across the god of mischief. Your leg hooked over his, and your arms spread over him. You blushed when you realized you were almost completely on top of him. Slowly picking yourself up off him, you slipped from the bed. You found that you were just wearing a long T-shirt, and underwear.

You made your over to the mirror, and used one hand to lift the shirt up stopping right under your chest, exposing your body. Your fingers traced over the random scars littered across your form. Even though the bruises were mostly healed, the marks remained. The memories were still fresh on your mind. You sighed and dropped your shirt. Reaching up, you tugged down the neck line, revealing the ugly, thick line dragged across your chest.

You released the neckline and sighed. You hugged yourself as you looked down at your feet. You didn't hate having marks on your body, it was the memories that came along with them that you hated. It was like living in a constant nightmare. Everything about you was a constant reminder that you should have died years ago. Of everything you've had to go through by being part of the Avengers.

You've thought about resigning your position on the team and returning home, but it's always been too hard to say goodbye to the only family you know. You've always loved the rush of adrenaline you get when you're fighting enemies, and the thrill of the hunt, but sometimes it becomes too much.

You scoffed at yourself under your breath. How petty of me to be thinking of ways I could change my body. How I could rid myself of these horrid things. You thought to yourself. You sighed and turned away from the mirror, your jaw clenched; fighting the urge to strike out against the helpless mirror.

You turned and walked away from your image taunting you, and went into the bathroom. You lifted a cup from the counter and filled it with water from the sink. You lifted it and took a sip, trying to clear your mind. Your mouth felt dry, and the water didn't help much. You stood in the bathroom doorway, and watched Loki as he lay twisted in the sheets.

"Sasha, my love, are you going to stand there and watch me sleep all day, or are you going to come back to bed and keep your side warm?" he remarked, eyes still closed. You laughed.

"How do you do that?"

"Do what, my love? Be specific."

"How you don't even have to look at me to know what I'm doing," you teased.

"Now that's a secret you'll never know," he replied casually, beckoning you over by spreading his arm. You made your way over and cuddled back up beside him. He shifted to his side and pulled some of the covers over you. You snuggled into his chest and took a deep breath. He chuckled.

"Now you tell me why you always do that."

"Do what?" you asked innocently, "be specific," you laughed, mimicking him.

"You always smell me." you smiled.

"I'm memorizing how you smell. You smell good, but I can never quite put my finger on what the scent is." he nodded thoughtfully. You closed your eyes and rested your head on his chest. You could hear his heartbeat, beating evenly, calmly.

Loki smiled against your hair and closed his eyes again.

You opened your eyes. You groaned and pulled yourself up. Loki lay beside you, arms buried under a pillow, and a light snore escaping his lips. You smiled and brushed hair from his eyes. He sighed into your hand, against your touch. A little bit of overflowing emotions hit your stomach. You were the only one he let touch him when was asleep, and stay asleep. Before, he would immediately open his eyes when you would so much as move the tiniest bit. He trusted you. Warmth blossomed in your throat and you grinned childishly.

You got up and untangled your feet from the covers. You stood by the window, watching as the sun hit the trees, marking it being close to noon. You smiled when you felt the familiar arms wrap around your waist. You would never be able to figure out how he was able to move about silently, and he knew it. He smiled and turned you around. He placed a kiss on your lips. You smiled and hugged him tightly.

"You know, you never asked me to be your girlfriend," you commented.

"Would you like me too?"

"Maybe."

"Sasha, my love, would you allow me to give you endless kisses whenever i wish, and cuddle you each night? Let me make you breakfast each morning, and brush the hair out of your eyes when you're sick, by letting me be your boyfriend?"

"Well, when you put it that way, how can I say no?" you laughed. He smiled and kissed you again.

"Sasha?" he asked hesitantly.

"Hm?" you murmured.

"I love you. More than anything in this world. More than any of the realms. Be mine forever?" he whispered.

You turned, and looked at him, "is that why you came back?"

"Yes. During my time in Asgard, my dear mother helped me understand a few things, and made me admit to several things. And I realized I would die without you in my life, so I had to return."

"Well then, I guess I have something to admit as well."

"And what is that, my dear?"

"I love you too. More than anything in this world." the widest smile swept across Loki's face, and he pulled you against him, kissing you deeply. You smiled, your heart overflowing with this warmth you've grown to love.

Everything was perfect. He was yours, and you were his, with a lifetime to love each other.

The end.