chapter #8

You jumped up and glanced at Loki, whose face had still wet blood on.

"What the HELL is going on!" Steve demanded, "we heard crashing from downstairs."

"I swear I almost had a heart attack!" Yelled Tony, "we didn't know if you were getting hurt," he said slowly lowering his voice and giving a pointed glare at Loki.

"Sorry..." you said sheepishly before pointing a finger at Loki, "he made fun of me!"

"You started it when you wouldn't sit still," Loki returned, a small smile playing across his

face. Slowly Clint turned to the door and the rest followed him muttering in disgust. You looked at Loki's bloodied face and told him to come clean up. Instructing him to remove his shirt, which was covered in blood, you sat him down on the edge of the bath, in which he was very reluctant, and wet a cloth.

With the gentlest movements you wiped away the blood under his nose. You could see him wince when you pressed a little too hard. You rinsed the cloth and gently began cleaning a cut along his forehead. You suddenly became aware of the fact that you were standing over him. Without even looking down you could feel that his one hand had slowly moved to rest on your thigh. That warm feeling began to blossom again. Avoiding his eyes, which you could feel searching your face, you moved to the sink.

"Here," Loki said softly, "let me help you with your cuts." You met his eyes and stood stone still as he moved closer and cleaned your face with the greatest care. You tried to keep your eyes from traveling down his chest, but more than once you found yourself fixated on his figure. He didn't pretend to not notice the effect he was having on you. Your warm cheeks and bashful eyes gave it away instantly.

You walked silently to your room. It was a cool night so you wrapped your blankets tightly around you. Even though it was cooler, the real reason was because you wanted to savor that feeling of closeness he gave you. The way his arms felt around you. These comforters did him no justice though. You fell into a restless sleep, but didn't wake until the sun bid you good morning. You were shaken from your morning grogginess by Natasha sprinting onto your bed, half squishing you in the process. You groaned and rolled over.

"What are you doing in my room so early?" you asked tiredly.

"Well, I mean you have to tell me about what's going on with you and Loki." you sat up at that.

"What? I don't know what you mean," you stammered trying to brush off her question.

"Aw come on. I know somethings been up since the day I found you sleeping with him," Nat teased.

"Okay first off, we cuddled. We didn't 'sleep' together," you said sheepishly, "and I was only in there because he was crying in his sleep."

"And you like him, don't you? Are you sure that's a good idea though?"

"I'm not sure yet. I'm testing the waters. And besides, he's a god. Why would he ever reciprocate my feelings," you sighed.

"You'd be surprised," Natasha said, giving you a poke. She got up to leave.

"So when are you going to tell me about you and Clint?" You giggled. Natasha whirled around in surprise.

"What? How did you know?" she asked, blushing.

"Well to tell the truth I found you two kissing. But it's also pretty obvious. I mean come one, we all have known you two would get together eventually."

"Well we haven't made anything official, but I guess we both realized we had feelings for eachother," she confessed.

"You guys are cute," you smiled, "You have my blessing," you said poking fun at her. She hit you with a pillow before you both rolled over laughing.