chapter #11

That day was a hard one. You barely saw Loki, and when you did you and he avoided each other's eyes and continued on your ways. That night you restlessly tossed about in your bed. Unable to let sleep come over you. Closing your eyes you drift into a disturbed sleep.

Opening your eyes you found yourself back in the middle of the last battle. The air was thick with smoke and heavy with the scent of dead bodies. Looking around, you saw mauled bodies strewn about the road. Half gagging you turned your dirt covered face to the sky where Tony had just sent a monster flying with a blast from his hand. Turning your head you saw Bruce Banner in hulk form smashing his way through hungry bloodthirsty monsters. Something struck you from behind and you fell to the ground.

Rolling over and springing back up, aware of the pain in your right shoulder, you saw Loki swooping towards you, knives out. Just as he raised his arm to slash you across your throat a blast sent him flying. The tip of his knife caught against your chest instead, and ripped a half-inch deep cut across your chest as he flew backwards into a pile of rubble. Looking down you saw the blood staining your clothes. Just as you fell into an endless pit of black, someone screamed your name. Your murderer screamed your name as he was ripped apart.

You sat up straight screaming and trembling. Your knuckles were white as you clenched your nails into your palms, causing blood to spring up in dots. Falling from your bed you screamed as another wave of terror washed over you. Wracking your body with sweat and uncontrollable shaking. Crying and screaming you shook your head as the fear took hold of your mind and squeezed it. Your door opened and he was by your side in an instant. Loki pulled the terrified girl before him into his strong arms and held you tightly while your body shook over and over as wave after wave hit you. Your vision was blurry as you struggled to come back into reality.

"Loki.......Loki...please...help me..." you cried through the fog in your mind. He was murmuring something to you that you couldn't understand. "Please.." you whimpered. Begging to be set free from the horrid visions in your mind. Just as another set of terrors were about to wrack your body, you felt warm lips press against yours. Whimpering and shaking you let the warmth envelop you. Kisses were pressed against your lips and cheeks and chin, on your eyes and the tears slipping down your face. Kisses were pressed against your neck and finally on your throat. Shivering, you hear him whisper sweet nothings in your ear. His lips press against yours as he continues murmuring unforgettable whispers to you, calming the ever frightening thoughts in your mind. Slowly, you begin to slip back into reality. Your heart begins to slow, and matches the one beating beside you. You hear his voice before you see him. He's saying your name. Over and over. Just, whispering your name in your ear. You can feel his lips against your ear as he presses you close.

And then your blurry vision begins to grow steadier. Your pupils begin to dilate and focus on his face. His sweet, beautiful, pained face. His eyes. His dark green eyes that hold in so much. Watching you with the deepest care and concern. You whimper until the last of the terrors are slipping from your mind, and even then you continue to quiver. You open your eyes and find yourself in his arms. He's sitting on the floor holding you against him. You look up and meet his gaze. Are you imagining it, or is that love you see planted firmly there.

"Loki.." you try to speak his name but find your voice dry and cracked from the screams that shook your body only moments ago.

"Shh love, don't speak," he whispered. You feel him lift you from the ground and place you on the soft pillows lining your bed. Your eyes open frantically and you struggle to sit up.

"Loki! Loki!" you called his name, a panic spreading from your chest.

"I'm here, darling, I'm here," he murmured as he reached for your shivering body and pulled you against him.

"Don't leave me," you pleaded through closing eyes.

"I will never leave you, love," he whispered into your hair as your eyes closed and your head rested against his chest. He shifted until you were nestled against his body. His arms tightly around you.