chapter #3

*Hey lovies, here is chapter #3. Hope you all like it. I know it's a bit long, but I didn't want to cut it off until....guess you'll find out <3*

Your face was washed, but still a little puffy from crying as you made your way downstairs. Reaching for the eggs on the counter you absentmindedly replied as Jarvis greeted you. Silently taking your breakfast to the deck you stood by the rail watching the tiny cars below. Without taking his eyes off the figure through the glass, Tony spoke to Natasha, "she's scarred isn't she?" his voice had sadness in it.

"Yes. I think it will lessen as time continues though. We've all been through it," she replied from her place beside Clint.

"Didn't the nightmares start more recently? Probably around the time Loki began staying here..." his words faltered and he turned away. Tony was almost like a father to you. He hated seeing you in such pain. Steve got up from his lazy position on the couch and walked by them to the balcony.

"I'll talk to her."

The rest of the crew eyed each other. It wasn't unknown that each of the guys had a special place in their heart for you. You being the youngest and the most innocent.

You didn't lift your head where it was resting on your arm when you heard the door slide open. Steve came and stood beside you.

"If it'll make you feel better we can spar. I'm sure you could use the practice," he joked.

"Did everyone hear?" you whispered, ignoring his attempt to raise your eyes.

Sighing, he turned away, "yes," he said reluctantly.

"I'm sorry," you murmured. Straightening up you slipped your arms around his muscled torso and pulled him into a hug. Your head reached no higher than his shoulder, so you rested your ear against his chest; listening to the ever calming heartbeat of his. "You're a good guy, Steve," you said. You felt his arms curl around you and hold you close.

"You're pretty nice yourself," he teased, resting his head in your hair, "it'll get easier you know. Nightmares don't last forever. We've all experienced it."

"It doesn't feel like it. I can't sleep, and when I do, I'm taken to dark places." you choked. You felt his arms tighten around you.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you have to feel alone in your pain. Everybody hurts in one way or another. And you're part of the avengers which means you're part of a family. And families help each other get through things."

"Thanks Steve," you said trying to smile. Suddenly you began laughing. "You know everyone is watching us." Steve turned his head and grinned.

"We're just hugging. They've got nothing to gawk over. Besides, you know the guys, they try to assume anything with anyone," he said as he untangled his arms from yours, unbothered by the spectators inside. Picking up your plate you followed him inside. The day was warming by the hour and you decided to get your mind off of things with some gun practice. Making your way to the training room you lifted your hand gun from its buckle on the side of your waist. Each bullet made its way to the center of each target with little effort.

After showering you slipped into a sleep shirt and cozied down for bed. But again, the sleep didn't come. You lay there silent and still until it was past one in the morning. But still, no sleep came. You turned restless and began to pace before again making your way to the darkened kitchen. This time you immediately noticed the silent figure by the window.

"Can't sleep either?" you asked friendlier than the night before. He looked at you as if you should already know the answer, but for your sake replied,

"No, evidently not." turning away you reached for the kettle.

"I'm making tea, do you want a cup?"

"No," he said, turning back to the window.

Feeling a pang in your heart you turned back to him, "homesick?" you asked gently.

"I have no home," he replied instantly, coldly. He was hurting. It was obvious, but you made no comment. Turning off the kettle you poured the hot water into two mugs. Picking up the second you walked over to him and handed it to him, ignoring the slight surprised look on his face.

"Here. even if you didn't ask for it it will help with whatever is bothering you," you turned away without meeting his eyes. Taking your mug you started up the stairs. Not expecting the next words that came from his mouth.

"Thank you," his whisper was barely audible, but it made you pause nonetheless. Turning, you met his eyes for the briefest moment before you had to turn away to hide your warm cheeks.

"You're welcome," you said before hurrying up the stairs.

*so as I was writing the part about Steve and Sasha (I gave *you* a name because I didn't want to put Y/N in because it looks silly in my opinion. ) and I really wanted to expand on their relationship and make it where Steve likes *you*, but then I pace palmed and was like no! This is Loki's story haha.**

*maybe I'll write another fan fiction where *you* and Steve are "dating" and Loki is jealous. Idk. Let me know if you'd like that.*

thanks for reading lovies. more chapters are coming <3