chapter #7

"Come in." you entered to find him sitting and reading.

"I would rather be in quieter company tonight," you said when he raised his eyebrow questioningly. You hopped onto the bed beside him and stretched out, suddenly tired. Looking up you saw he was watching you. He chuckled lightly and turned back to his book.

When you opened your eyes, evening light shone through the window. Loki was beside you, asleep. His book on the bedside table. You wondered when he decided to nap with you. His fingers were lightly resting against her side. Sitting up you admired his beautiful features. Your movement must have woken him because his eyes opened and he looked up at you. You smiled.

"Looks like we have done it again," you observed. He smiled ever so slightly before lifting himself up.

"With a better set of circumstances."

"Yeah, these were a little better," you said, yawning. After a moment or two you began questioning him. You asked about Asgard and he told you. You asked about growing up, and he told you. You asked about Midgard, and he told you. You were interrupted by a tap on the door.

"Come in," Loki called.

"I thought I would find you two here," Natasha said, walking in. "are you two joining us for dinner?" you glanced at Loki, who slightly shook his head, before replying,

"No I'm not really hungry."

"Okay then, suit yourself," she said, smirking before closing the door.

"You don't want to eat?" he asked.

"No, I'd rather stay and talk with you," you said hesitantly looking down. You didn't talk for much longer though. Instead, you both picked up books and began to read. Unaware of his eyes watching your face for moments on end as you read. Admiring your features.

You changed reading positions frequently and he kept his for hours. After he could handle it no longer he turned to you.

"Why can't you sit still?"

How can you sit still? I would die if i sat in one position for an hour." hearing him mutter something under his breath you pitched a pillow at him. He turned towards you, his eyes filled with amusement and annoyance. He grabbed one and whipped it at you, knocking you over. You burst out laughing and jumped off the bed. He closed his book and stood up. This led to a very loud pillow fight, leaving Loki with a bloody nose and a few scratches, and you with several marks when a zipper would hit your face. The door burst open and the avengers piled into the room with weapons ready just as you were hit with a pillow that sent you over the side of the bed.