chapter #19

The next two days went by too quickly for your liking. You and Loki didn't speak much. It wasn't like you two were avoiding each other, neither wanted to say goodbye. Their departure came and everyone was giving tearful goodbyes. You had already given Thor a bear hug...well he gave you one, and now you were hiding in your room.

"Are you hiding from me?" the smooth voice behind you asked. You jumped and turned. There was Loki. beautiful as always.

"No..." you mumbled. Turning away again. You felt his hands slide around your waist and turn you to face him. His green eyes stared into your blue ones.

"You're lying," he purred. His green eyes clouded with something resembling sadness.

"And what if I am," you whispered.

"Didn't you want to say goodbye?"

"No," you stated firmly. Turning your head away.

"And why don't you?" he pressed.

"Because then it's final," you admitted. He said nothing as he watched your gaze sadden. You felt his arms circle around you and pull you against his leathery chest. The leather suit he wore felt nothing like the goose feather shirts he wore when he held you. Your thoughts were brought back to the warm nights, wrapped in his loving arms. Struggling to keep the tears at bay, you roughly pulled yourself from his embrace. There was a moment of silence.

"Thank you for making my time here so bearable," he whispered. And then he was gone. Thor and Loki were snatched away in a beam of golden light. You fell to the floor, your body heaving as the sobs you had forced back, came flooding down your face.

You were silent for the next few days. Nobody said anything about how empty the space felt without the gods. You spent quite a bit of time locked in your room. You would go on walks, and watch television, but everything you did felt like it was missing something. Or someone. You tried to keep yourself busy. Fiddling around in the flowerbeds, going on missions, or making an excess of desserts. Wonderingly, none of the guys seemed to mind the amount of sweets filling the counters.

You found yourself in some sort of delirium as you went about the tower. Your eyes never fully focused on what was ahead of you. You tried so hard to not think about the god, you couldn't stop. It was a real dilemma. Even in your quiet suffering, you fought better than ever. Your punches fueled by anger that he had left. By sadness you never got to truly express your admiration for him. By fear of forgetting his face. Mostly fueled by the first though. You were angry. It was silly, but you were.

You felt the sweat inside your gloves as you pummeled the bag in front of you. Your honey colored hair had been pulled back into a bun, but strands now hung loosely around your face, covered in sweat. Your sleeveless shirt was soaked, and sweat glistened on your toned arms. With each hit, a grunt escaped your lips as you were completely focused on beating this bag senseless.

"Woah there, tiger," Steve laughed as you paused to take him in. He was wearing his combat clothes, which meant only one thing. He was here to sparr.

"Why don't you take a break from that bag before you kill it, and fight me instead," he offered.

"Okay sure," you replied, evening out your breaths, taking off your gloves and replacing them with sparring tape. You turned towards him and took your position.

"Ladies first," he winked. Without a second to waste you darted towards his left. He sidestepped, which you had anticipated, and swung out your leg landing a hard kick on the back of his knees causing him to fall forward. He rolled and left up again.

"Nice move," he joked, leaping towards you, shield raised. You swung around, lightly flipping over him. He turned and caught your foot in his hand and yanked you down. You hit the mat with a thud. Growling, you stood up slowly. No more nice girl, you thought before throwing yourself at him full force. You hit against him and caught his arm, pinning it behind him and spinning your leg around his neck and pushed him to the floor. He grunted as his jaw was pressed to the ground.

He dropped his shield, and whipped himself around using his super soldier strength. You were throwing rapid blows at him. Your fist connected with his jaw, allowing him to grab your wrist and flip you to the ground. Breathless you paused, and he reached his hand down to help you up. Hah! You thought, that was a mistake, pretty boy. Taking hold of his hand, you propelled yourself up and whipped around him pinning him easily to the floor. Your knee was on his back, and your hands pinned his arms together. Your legs locked him against the ground.

"Yield!" you commanded.

"Yield," he complied, knowing you would keep him there until he did. you loosened your grip and helped him up.

"Thanks," you said, "that was a good fight."

"Hah, I should have known you would beat me," he teased.

"Obviously," you joked, punching him lightly before grabbing your sweat rag and headed towards the showers.