chapter #20

~LOKI~

Loki and Thor were met with guards when they stepped onto the rainbow bridge. He scoffed. The AllFather had summoned him, yet treated him as a prisoner under watchful eyes. Asgard was beautiful as always, but even the golden streets and mesmerizing homes that he had once wanted to rule, now looked dull for some reason. Everywhere he looked his eyes were met with opulent shrubs and well dressed citizens, yet nothing held the gleam it once did. Instead, the first thought that crossed his mind was, Sasha would love it here.

Shaking his head to clear the thought, he entered through the golden gates of the castle. It was as grand as he had remembered. Yet of course, it was lacking one thing. You. entering the throne room, he and Thor stood before Odin and Frigga. His mother, beautiful as always stood to greet her sons.

"Loki! Thor! How wonderful it is to see you again, my loves," she beckoned them towards her, and both planted a kiss on her warm cheeks. Odin stood and made his way towards the boys who had, in such a short amount of time, become young men.

"Thor, I trust you have had an eventful time on Midgard," he questioned.

"Yes father, it was most profitable," Thor replied, bowing his head before raising his eyes to his fathers. Odin turned to Loki.

"Loki, do you know why I have required your presence?"

"No father," he replied, refusing to stand down and turn his eyes away as he spat out the term.

"You have shown great improvement from your time in the mortal tower. I believe that you have earned a home here in Asgard once again," he informed, "but, if you go against me or my kingdom, you shall be banished once again. And this time I will not have as much mercy on you."

Loki forced himself to speak, "I do not deserve your kindness, father. I shall abide by your reign, and return with a grateful heart," the words cut his throat as he nearly choked trying to get his words out. The AllFather nodded his head and spoke again.

"A feast shall be thrown to welcome home my two sons," his voice held only the slightest bit of emotion as he turned towards Frigga.

Thor and Loki parted ways as they made their way to their own rooms. Loki's was just as he remembered. The cool room with emerald green trip and accents swirled around the room. Silken sheets were thrown over the bed, and chairs and small tables decorated the room in various spots. At the far end double doors opened up to a wide balcony. It gave him a full view of the world before him. The home that no longer was his.

He closed his eyes as he breasted in the warm air. His thoughts were again tugged back to you. He thought of the smile that would cover your face if you saw the abundance of flowers littering courtyards and fields. The aray of planets scattered across the sky. The way the sun hit the golden trimmed homes causing the city to have a gold aura surrounding it. Turning bitterly, he stalked to his bed.

Over the next few weeks he found that you were everywhere. In the small yellow flowers. The coolness of the breeze. The morning dew. Everything. It was driving him crazy with each little painful reminder. Loki filled his time reading an assortment of books and walking through the lush green fields.

Loki's door clicked and he turned to find Frigga walking gracefully towards him.

"Mother? And to what do I owe this visit?" he asked hesitantly.

"What," Frigga asked innocently, "is a mother not allowed to visit her son?"

Loki smiled, "of course, mother."

"Would you care to join me for a stroll, my love?" she asked.

"Anything for you, mother," he answered softly. Taking her arm they walked towards the gardens. It was a warm day. The sun sat at a comfortable place in the sky, warming his locks. They walked in silence for some time before Frigga suggested tea.

Frigga observed her son as she sipped her warm asgardian tea slowly. His hair hung loosely around his face and his eyes had dulled in the last weeks he had been home.

"My son, something is on your mind,"she pressed gently.

"Oh, it is nothing really," he brushed off her comment. Returning his gaze back to the little gold speckled flowers by his foot.

"I don't believe yearning after a woman is nothing," she pressed, watching his face carefully. As she had expected, his face snapped up and a glint returned to his eyes for the briefest moment.

"I should have known you would find out sooner or later," he mused.

"It is obvious in my eyes. Then again I am your mother," she smiled. When he didn't reply she questioned him again.

"Do you love her?"

"She does not care for me," Loki replied sadly.

"My son, I asked if you loved her," she encouraged.

"She is wonderful, mother," he replied indirectly, "she has honey colored locks, and the most beautiful eyes. She is ever so kind, and never ceases to make me smile. She refuses to let me be even when I am angry. She listens." all the while he was talking, Frigga's smile grew wider.

"You do love her, don't you, my son," she asked warmly.

"Yes, I do," came the whispered reply.

"And yet you chose to return to Asgard when you obviously no longer enjoy it here without her presence," Frigga stated.

"I could not rebel against Odin again. He would have not believed I had begun to change. Yes, I despise the AllFather and am no longer fond of this realm, but I couldn't make things worse," he replied bitterly.

"My son, if you love this girl, then there is no reason for you to stay when your home is elsewhere. Odin will not banish you again because you chose your own path over Asgard's."

"I have been gone for weeks, mother. I doubt she would want me to return. I have caused her a lot of pain," Loki choked out.

"If she truly cared for you, it would take much more than this to break you apart. I think if you love her, you should return."

"Are you angry with me, mother?" Loki asked, searching her eyes for disappointment.

"Loki," she murmured, taking his hands in hers, "I have never been more proud."