chapter #16

~Sasha~

You open your eyes and blink, trying to focus your eyes. Your throat feels dry as you splutter a cough. You blink and look around the room. Your head feels too heavy, and it hurts all over. There is dried blood on the side of your face, and fresh blood is already starting to drip down over your eye. It smells horrible in the little room. You try to move but you're bound to a poll. You find that you're sitting on cold cement.

Your dark suit is ripped in many places, and from each tear, blood is either dried, or oozing. Fumbling with the rope, you try and get it undone. Someone chuckles behind you. The sound is horrible. It makes the very hairs on your head want to stand up straight in terror.

Because of your position on the floor, you can't twist your body around to identify the laugh with the face. The man speaks again.

"So, little one. Have you finally decided you're going to tell me what I need to know?" his voice was just as bad as his laugh.

"No!" you snarl in defiance. As you shift your weight you can feel the ropes dig into your wrists. A man comes into view. He's hideous. A tall, ristly man with stubble covering the bottom half of his face. His eyes are a piercing blue, that sends a shiver down your spine. In his hand is a metal wip.

"Wrong choice, sweetheart," he growled. His icy fingers wrap around my throat and lift me off the ground. You struggle to breath as he holds you there for a moment. He turns, as if to leave, but instead brings his whip up and hits with great force. You scream in agony as it slices your arm with ease. Blood falls freely from your torn sleeve. It only takes two more lashes to knock you unconscious.

~Loki~

Loki sat up in bed. It was still dark outside, and he felt a chill about the room. He felt a shiver run down his spine. Why was he awake? Leaping from his bed he raced down the hall to Thor's room, banging his fist on each door he passed, waking anyone who was sleeping.

"What in the name of Odin are you doing!" bellowed Thor, still half asleep. Tony was mumbling something under his breath as well.

"She's in trouble," he franticall said, pacing.

"Who, Loki, who?" asked Tony with mock interest.

"Sasha!" he snapped, "I felt it. She's screaming..." his eyes turned wide in panic, "she's screaming Thor, she's screaming!" he was shaking Thor by the shoulders now.

"Loki...you're dreaming," soothed Natasha. Loki turned to her, rage mixed with fear in his eyes.

"Don't you dare tell me this voice isn't real!" he snarled, "she's being hurt!"

"You know, maybe he is telling the truth," piped up Bruce, "since they're...you know.." he trailed off. Obviously indicating you and he were more than friends.

"Well I'm going even if none of you are," he glared, stalking off.

The little group reached the buildings by mid morning. Quietly making their way to the base, they readied their weapons. There were vehicles outside, so they all were expecting to run into someone. Bruce was forced to stay at the jet. This was a stealth mission. Loki knew exactly where he was going. Almost as if there was an invisible thread leading the way. They split up. Natasha and Clint went to find Steve, Tony, Thor and Loki were finding you. As they rounded the corner, they came face to face with a group of five guards. Pulling his knives from his belt, sent them through two of their hearts. Thor punched the third into a distant wall, and Tony blasted the other two with his Iron Man suit.

Loki could hear your voice. A fading scream as you were once again knocked unconscious. But he only needed one to locate your exact position. Barging into the room he sent his knife flying across the room where it landed cleanly in the torturers chest. What he saw before him made his blood boil with rage.

There you were. You're almost lifeless body hanging limp in the ropes that held you so tightly. Your clothing was torn in almost every place possible. Your body, covered in dripping blood. Your head is lolled to one side, your eyes closed and your face contorted in a peaceful unconsciousness.

He sliced the blood covered ropes around you, and you crumpled. Catching you as you fell, he clutched your ragged, broken body close to his chest. Turning towards Thor, rage in his eyes, he said only three words.

"Kill them all." the request had no mercy in it. They must die for hurting her so. Carrying her limp form, he boarded the jet. Steve was banged up and bleeding from his own wounds, but was still conscious. His eyes widened and he gasped when he saw you in Loki's arms.

"Shit-...I'm so sorry, Sasha," he whispered. Knowing you couldn't hear him.