chapter #10

Returning to your room you asked if he wanted to watch something with you. You found he had little interest in anything you enjoyed, so most of your time was spent flipping through show after show. Showing him bits and pieces of this and that until you finally settled for some cooking show. Turning towards him you found him sleeping, head against you. A soft smile played across your lips. He was the first to fall asleep this time in your bed for once. Turning off the TV you rolled over and snuggled closer to him. He groaned softly and shifted his position, subconsciously pulling you close against him. Your head rested in the crook of his neck, and you could hear his heartbeat. Steady. Sighing contentedly you closed your eyes.

You woke to Loki's heartbeat against your ear. A reassuring sound. Lifting your eyes to gaze upon the face you loved so dearly, you traced a single finger along his jaw. His eyes flickered open.

"I'm beginning to sense a pattern here," he murmured into your hair, "why didn't you wake me?"

"You looked so peaceful."

He smiled, but it quickly faded, "why are you looking at me like that?" realizing you were staring at him quite fondly, you snapped out of it and lowered your eyes.

"Like what?" you asked innocently, hoping he couldn't detect the rapid pulse. You pushed him off you playfully. He sat up.

"I had better go before Tho-" he was cut off by Thor crashing through the door.

"Sasha have you seen Loki this morning? He's not in the kitchen, nor the living room nor his roo-" he was silenced by his eyes landing on Loki standing next to my bed. He looked relieved at first before his expression changed to confusion. "What's going on?" my fingers stealthily slid to the remote and turned on the TV and muted it.

"Oh I asked him if he wanted to watch something this morning. His favorite show plays early and he thought I might like it," you replied nonchalantly, "do you need something?"

"Well...no. I was just making sure he was still here," he told you.

"Thank you for your concern, brother, but I am perfectly capable of looking after myself," Loki replied coolly. You could hear hints of sarcasm and resentment in his voice. Thor shot him a look, but left the room. Loki looked at you and smirked.

"I'm beginning to question who the actual God Of Mischief is here."

"Well it's obviously me. You could never compete with all this," you yawned, gesturing to yourself.

"Okay come one, get up," he said rolling you over.

"Oh come on. Five more minutes," you sighed dramatically, pulling the blankets over your head.

"It's already late as it is," he argued, pulling the blankets back down.

"Is that a problem?" you teased, burying your head back into your pillow.

"Alright then," he murmured mischievously. Wrapping both arms around your waist he lifted you from the comfort of your bed. You squealed.

"Loki! Put me down, goddamnit!" you exclaimed. A cough caused you both to stop in your tracks and turn. Clint stood in the doorway taking in the scene before him.

"Am i interrupting?" he asked.

"Yes," Loki replied immediately.

"No!," you said, slapping him until he dropped you back onto the bed.

"Okay well I was just going to let you know we are all heading out if you wanted to come along." he said sheepishly, knowing that they probably thought how silly it was he interrupted them for this.

"Oh, um...heh. I'm good. Have fun though," You say awkwardly. Loki coughs and averts his gaze.

"Okay then...I'm going to go now," Clint said and backed out. As soon as the door closed you rolled over laughing hysterically.

"We really do need to get locks on these doors."

"I have to agree with you on that," Loki smiled. Before you can realize what he's doing he turns and falls on top of you. The air rushed out of you and you gasp trying to push him off you.

"Eek Loki I can't breathe! Get! Off!" you cry. He laughs as he watches you struggle for a moment, before rolling off you. Suddenly his face becomes serious and he scoops you up into his arms and holds you close. Surprised by the sudden gesture of affection you pull away from him.

"Loki, what are you doing?" you ask, your eyes wide in a panic. His eyes immediately fall and he pulls away from your fingers loosely hanging from his arm.

"I'm sorry. I must go," he rushes from your room. Your eyes widen in surprise. If you were already falling in love with this god, why couldn't you allow him to hold you like he did just then. The sudden embrace could have been him realizing he needs you.

**okay so this chapter is really long, but I didn't want to cut it off. Hope you all are enjoying it so far. xx**