chapter #6

You opened your eyes to the sun streaming into your room. It took a few seconds to realize you weren't in your room and that the bed you were in wasn't yours. That the body beside you was still holding you closely and was nestled against you. Looking down you took in each feature of his beautiful, wounded face. From his chiseled jaw, to his dark brows. The light freckle under his eye, and his beautiful raven colored hair. You could feel his warm breath from where his head was positioned on your neck.

Suddenly you were filled with anxiety. What time was it? Almost as if on cue, Loki opened his eyes and scanned the situation. Untangling his arms from your body he rolled over and sat up. Covering his face and groaning.

"Do you want to talk about it?" you asked him gently.

"No."

You thought for a moment before pushing a little and asking, "are you sure?" when he didn't reply you thought he hadn't heard, and turned away a little. He turned towards you.

"Yes. Thank you," he said, his face pained. With this reply giving you a little courage, you scooted across the bed and sat next to him for a moment before resting your head against him. When he made no move to push you away, you stayed. Comforting him with silence. This delicate moment lasted for a few moments.

Surprising you once again, his arm curled around your waist and pulled you back to a lying position on the bed. He pulled you close and took a deep breath. You were certain he could hear your heart, beating frantically beneath your skin.

"Loki, we need to get up or someone is going to find us," you pleaded half heartedly knowing you could lay with him forever.

"Let them then," he said, pulling you even closer to his warm skin. No longer trying to protest, you let him cuddle you. You would have dozed off again if you hadn't heard the footsteps drawing closer. The door opened and Natasha poked her head in.

"Loki, have you seen Sasha- she stopped suddenly, and Clint looked around her to take in the situation.

"Good lord..." he breathed, seeing the both of you entwined together.

You scrambled from his arms and his bed in vain, struggling to find words.

"This isn't what it looks like...." you broke off, "I...we..I just.." you stammered, blushing profusely, "Don't you guys knock!" you finally exploded. Natasha gave you a long look, almost as if questioning you, and Clint muttered, "right...sorry." Loki sat behind you on the bed smirking at your struggle to explain. As they backed out Natasha said,

"Clint, you owe me twenty. Sasha, Tony wanted me to ask if you could pick up beers when you go out. Also, if you don't want to answer any questions you might want to get down there. Also, it's your turn to do the shopping"

"Well that was interesting," Loki mused behind you.

"Yeah and you didn't help any," you said hitting him in the shoulder with your palm playfully. "I'm going to shower."

The warm water felt good against your burning skin. It also gave you a few minutes by yourself to start thinking about the events of the night. Had she actually spent the night wrapped in Loki's muscled arms. His face on my neck and his breath on my skin? Was I falling for this beautiful god? Me, a mere mortal would never be enough for this prince, you thought to yourself. Rinsing the suds from your hair you stepped out of the shower and dried yourself before pulling on some comfortable clothes and making your way downstairs. Everyone had already gathered in the kitchen. Even Loki. That was surprising. Eggs were sizzling on the stove. Steve was sprinkling pepper on them. You walked over beside him. He put an arm around you to give you a squeeze.

"Morning sleepy head," he teased, "you both slept late," he said, eyeing them curiously.

"Am I not allowed to get a good night's sleep," You replied just as teasingly, giving Loki a side glance.

Once breakfast was finished you decided to go out and get the shopping done. You picked up bears, just like Tony requested, and grabbed a few other things. It was refreshing getting out of the Stark tower. You honestly thought it was too stuffy. Even though it had walls of windows, it never seemed to get enough light. Once you returned, you did laundry and made lunch. Loki came into the kitchen while you were chopping vegetables and rested his arms on the counter, watching you. You could feel a blush creeping up your neck. You were sure he noticed the change in your demeanor. Looking up, you saw he was sketching with a stub of a pencil on a piece of scrap paper. When he saw you watching, he immediately snatched it away and stalked off.

Steve complemented your cooking skills because of the gentlemen he was, Tony tried to do the same but it came off sounding sexually offensive, Bruce blushed and said thanks, Clint nodded in approval, and Natasha said she would clean up. Tonight was movie night. Deciding you didn't feel like a loud afternoon, you made your way upstairs. Tapping on Loki's door you waited for a reply.