chapter #9

Steve intercepted you on your way to the training room asking if you'd want to train a bit with him since "Stark was being a bitch". Laughing you agreed. You both entered the ring and threw a few punches. Sparring until either one gave out.

"Sasha your form is terrible," Steve said moving towards you, "here let me show you." his arm went around you and he positioned your fists, "now try punching me like this." he moved away and you thrust out your arms the way he showed you, landing a hard blow into his gut. Giggling you teased him.

"Hah! Maybe you shouldn't have helped me. Now I'm going to kick your butt." turning every so slightly you saw your raven haired prince watching you from a distance. His eyes were dark and filled with something you couldn't figure out. Jealousy? Sadness? Anger? He stalked out of the room when you met his gaze. Steve turned towards you.

"What's up with him? You two have been spending an awful lot of time together."

"So?" you replied casually, stepping out of the ring.

As you walked along the hall towards your room you heard voices coming from behind Loki's closed door. Listening closer you identified the second voice as Thors. They were shouting. The door opened and slammed shut again. Thor stormed down the corridor to his own room. Walking in the direction Thor had come, you entered Loki's room. His face was flushed with anger. Blood dribbled from his nose. You couldn't tell if Thor had smacked him, or the drama caused him a nosebleed.

"I heard shouting, are you okay?" you asked evenly.

"I'm fine! Get out of here!," he replied bitterly. The words stung but you choked back the tears that wanted to spill over because of how sharp his words were.

"I'm not leaving," you whispered, closing the distance between the two of you and sliding your arms under his. He tensed, and then you felt the wall he had been trying to build crumble. His arms encircled you and his chin rested on your hair. You could have sworn you heard him laugh under his breath.

"Why is it I can never resist you?" he asked softly. You felt a warm flush creep around the base of your throat.

"Here, let me help you with the blood," you said, taking his hand and leading him to the bathroom. He sat down in the same place as before. Brushing locks of hair from his face with your fingers, you gently wiped away the blood on his face. He would never admit it but he liked letting you care for him as you did. How gentle your fingers were as they caressed his face. His eyes opened and locked with yours. Without even thinking his hands reached out to you and coaxed you into his embrace.

"Thank you," he whispered into the folds of your shirt. In response you pulled him closer.

**there you go lovies. chapter#9 is complete. hope you all are enjoying the tidbits of Loki being vulnerable. thanks for reading xx**