chapter #17

Your eyes opened to see a bright light above you. You try to think for a moment. Where were you? Swiveling your head you see a bent figure sitting beside you, head in his hands. You touch the familiar raven colored hair, only to see white cloth covering your arm. In confusion you try to sit up. Excruciating pain flows through you. You groan. The head beside you raises instantly. He smoothes your hair and instructs you to lay still.

"Hi love, you're finally awake," he murmurs.

"What's wrong with me? Why am I all bandaged up?" you ask.

"You got a little hurt on your mission," he soothes. Bits and pieces rush back to you. The horrid voice of the man. Cold fingers choking me...your body becomes rigid as you're frozen in the memory. You try to gasp but no air comes. You hear your name being called, and lips against yours follow, pulling you from the memory.

Loki is kissing you softly. His lips are warm, but you pull back. Confusion crosses his eyes for the briefest moment, before he hides it again.

"Help me sit up?" you ask. He complies and gently lifts you. You don't weigh much, so he does most of the work.

"It doesn't hurt as bad if I move slowly," you say.

"Do you need anything? Water?" he asked.

"I'm okay, thanks."

"Try to sleep then," he sighed. As you closed your eyes, half asleep you ask,

"Will you stay with me?"

"Always," came the whispered reply.

It took a few days, but the cuts began to heal, and the blisters turned back into fresh, pink skin. You still hurt though. Your body aches everywhere. Natasha had drawn you a bath. The water steamed as you slipped from your garments. Looking down you took in the white marks splayed across your body. Scars. Why did it feel so shameful to carry such marks? You slipped yourself into the bath and closed your eyes.

You were woken from your midday slumber by his body slipping under the covers next to yours. You felt his breath on your ear.

"Mind if I join your nap?" he whispered.

Rolling over you gave a contented, sleepy sigh, "course you can." you could feel him smile as he cuddled up against you. His head rested on the crook of your neck. His warm breath evened out as he drifted off to sleep. You stretched a little, yawning, and wrapped your arms around his head; pulling him closer. He was warm. You liked when he cuddled you.

The door opened and you turned your head over to see who it was. It was Natasha. She raised her eyebrows in question, and you shook your head to motion to her that he was sleeping. A smile spread over her face as she backed out.

The door opened again. This time it was Thor. You turned over again, not moving your arms from around Loki's head and glared at his grinning face. Natasha had told. He stood there smiling sheepishly for a moment before backing out.

"Are they spying on us sleeping?" Loki smiled, his eyes still closed.

"Mmhm," you mumbled. Cozying your nose back down in his hair.

"We really need to get locks on these doors," he teased sleepily. Pulling you closer against him. You smiled.