The foster part. 3

ANDY'S POV
And it's moments like these that I could carry forever in my heart.
A simple lunch after finishing work and picking up your children from school with your husband.
Small and simple moments that for a person can represent everything and more.

Watching our kids talk brightly about which gym teacher is the best.

"They are beautiful, aren't they?" Rye whispers in my ear, a smile can't leave our lips, almost hurting our cheekbones.

"What's up?" Jude asks smiling, he takes another bite of the pasta with sauce that his father and I have cooked.

"You are beautiful" we reply.

"Shush!" both answer in chorus, trying to be annoyed but smiling at the same time.

"Oh God!" Jude exclaims out of nowhere, we all look at him waiting for him to say something. The cell phone in his right hand, his mouth forms an O, his eyes are wide open.

"What Jude?" his dad asks.

"I got 7 in chemistry!" he jumps up and hugs us tightly. We spent two weeks together, studying chemistry because it's not exactly a subject he's good at, but if he tries hard he can get results like these. "I got 7, mom!" he hugs me tightly, being careful not to hurt his little sister.

The conceive of this little girl was quite unexpected, we wanted to wait, but now that she is here, inside me, and that she grows healthy as never before, we can only be overwhelmed by happiness.

I am 17 weeks old and yet my belly is huge, I think it’s not only because she is a baby girl, but also because it is the second pregnancy and generally, the belly, after a first full term pregnancy, is always bigger.

He started calling us mom and dad two months ago and we'll never forget that day. Rye and I were on the bed, immersed in the silence and sweetness of our cuddles, when Jude knocked on our bedroom door and asked us if we wanted to watch a movie with him and Luna. He entered the room and said: "Mom, Dad, would you like to watch a movie with us" we nodded instantly but it took a few minutes to let go of a few tears of happiness.

"Thanks mom, I love you" I feel something explode inside me. Happiness? Love? Pride? Maybe all three.

Rye looks at us with two eyes full of happiness and love.
He has this same light from the first time we met, incredible, isn't it?

RYAN'S POV
The alarm bell wakes us up, this means that the big day has arrived.

It has taken four months to finally get to this day and now that it has arrived we feel like we are about to explode.

"Would you give me a massage before getting up?"

"Of course my little one" I lie on my side and position myself behind him, I wrap my arms around his waist, passing an arm under him, with my hands slowly massage his bump, trying to calm our little girl.

Ever since we found out Andy was pregnant we’ve been hoping it was a baby girl and it obviously worked.
This little girl and Jude's imminent adoption are two very important steps for our family and we are delighted with this.
When we told them Luna jumped for joy while Jude simply hugged us. Sometimes I understand him, being speechless because the situation is too overwhelming. But he too is happy as never before, he already has a sister and will soon have another.

"Feels good yeah?"

"Mmm, you’re very good"

"Yeah?"

"How do you calm her down like this?"

“It's something I've always been good at” I reply with a laugh. But it's true, when Andy was pregnant with Luna I always managed to calm her down. Every night when he couldn't sleep I would sing to his bump a song that we both like so much called "Flashing lights", a song that we wrote when we were in a band. I sang and talked to his bump for almost an entire hour and never got tired. We were young and inexperienced, but this didn't stop us from being good parents to her.