Soft (Randy)

RYAN'S POV
I went down to the kitchen, my parents had already left, both to go out for breakfast and then head to the supermarket, Sammie and Shaun had gone to a party the night before, stopping to sleep at a friend's house and together with Marie, Shaun's girlfriend, and Noah, Sammie's boyfriend. Robbie was at work and would not be back until after five in the evening.

I took a bowl, two eggs, the flour and the milk, mixing them all together, before putting everything in the fridge, letting the mixture rest for thirty minutes.

I took my cell phone, going to instagram to pass the time.

I had a strange relationship with social media. There were days when I spent hours and hours on all the social I had on my mobile, ending up doing absolutely nothing, other times I got lost in the TV series and, practically, I didn't even know I had a mobile phone, finally, there were of the other times when I got lost in the fantastic world of reading. Thinking about it, perhaps this last world was my favorite.

Reading was special for me. I didn't open a book I liked and started reading. No... I- God, I didn't even know what words to use to express how much reading had sown inside me.

Every time I went out, I couldn't help but go into a library. It was there and it was as if it were calling me. It called my name, it begged me. Funny for those who were on the outside, but in reality it was precisely this way that I saw it.

I walked into the library and a world opened up to me. When two people love each other, no, on the contrary, they experience that feeling that is even stronger than love, when two people belong together, a single glance is enough and in those eyes they see their world. They see that world and throw themselves in, get lost, wander in search of nothing and this for the one and only reason that is inevitable. This is what I felt every time I walked into a library.

Surrounded by books I began to walk in the long sections in which the books were divided by genre. I stopped to look at them one by one, I touched the cover and the pages to see if they were smooth or rough, thick or thin.

I sat on one of the many armchairs that were in the different reading corners and at that moment I could no longer be seen. It was just me and the book.

When I was reading, I was reading myself. Every time, every author, every genre, every book, every chapter, every word. It was unbelievable. Many times, perhaps almost always, I reached a point where I could not understand the difference between reality and fantasy. However it was fine with me exactly that way, I didn't want it to change. My world was made like this, I had made it this way and I would never, ever have the intention of changing it.

"You are beautiful" his voice interrupted the flow of my thoughts, his smile made me smile.

"What are you doing here?"

"I missed you" my heart practically melted from how sweet and genuine the words he had just said were.

He approached me, leaving me a chaste kiss on his forehead and in this moment I closed my eyes, enjoying the feel of his lips on my skin.

Sometimes I wondered how it could be possible to love a person so much. He was my first in the same way I was for him and we both - we all - knew that there would be no one else. The two of us had been together for five years, we were nineteen and we were eleven when we met.

"How long have you been here?" he sat next to me and took my hands in his, stroking the back of my right hand.

"How long have you started thinking?" he asked with a smile that I couldn't resist kissing. "What were you thinking about?"

"Books" he didn't say anything, but he looked me straight in the eye for a few seconds before starting to fill my face with sweet little kisses.

If there was one thing he loved very much, it was looking at me while I thought or read. He always told me that he got lost in my little details, then he moved on to the bigger ones and then he wondered how it was possible to be lucky enough to be with a guy like me. He told me things as they were, what he thought was what he said to me.