You're the most beautiful of all (Randy)

RYAN'S POV
I found out I was gay when I was 14, my life has changed completely since that day. Suddenly everything had taken on a meaning. I understood why I was attracted to guys, I gave meaning to all the boners my male friends caused me. Everything was simply clearer. But fuck it was terrifying! One part of me has always been proud of being gay, but another part has always hid, kept telling me "Don't show yourself as you are, you'll regret it" and I listened to it.
It was full of homophobic insults in the locker rooms and anywhere else. 

At the beginning of high school I was very convinced that things would change, but unfortunately they have only gotten worse.

There is a boy in my school who is simply himself. You can't imagine how much I envy this thing of his.
Sometimes he looks at me and his eyes on me make me awe, but at the same time they cause me a beautiful feeling.
His hair is dyed and he wears nail polish, usually black or white, he doesn't care what people say, he goes around the corridors and the streets of the city with his head held high, if someone insults him he proves to be superior to words without foundation. He's the smartest guy I know, he's a tough guy and as soon as my eyes met his I knew he was going to screw my brain, and he did.

Tomorrow is the day of the winter prom and I have no one to go with. I state that I never cared about any of these things, I don't know why, it was just like that.
But this year is different, there is a person I'd like to take to the prom but I'm too afraid to ask him.

Everyone in the school is thrilled for tomorrow except two or three people, and one of them is me.

"Rye!" I suddenly turn to my friends, they look at me perplexed and only now do I realize that I have been enchanted by looking at Andy. That's right, Andy Fowler is the guy I like, ocean blue eyes, blonde tuft, about ten centimeters shorter than me, occasionally wears glasses. At first glance you might think that he's an adorable little boy, comparable to a stuffed animal, those guys who can't defend themselves, stammer and get submissive. But no fuck, he's the only one in here who understands how things work, yes he's adorable, but he knows how to assert himself

"Bro everything okay? You were literally staring into space" without even giving me time to answer I am immediately cut off, I guess he was not interested in the answer..." Who are you going to the prom with?" I knew that would be the question. It's the only thing they've been asking me for two weeks, not even "how are you?" only and exclusively "who are you going to the prom with?"

I think about it for a moment and then I say it, to see their expressions, to see what they will say to me "I was thinking of bringing Andy Fowler" silence, no one speaks, their mouths open as if they wanted to say something but not even a sound comes out, the confusion and disbelief on their faces, visible even from meters away. And then boom! Laughter comes out of their mouths, sonorous and filling the entire corridor, I try not to make it notice and laugh with them, only to force a smile, too busy trying not to cry from the stab in the stomach I just received

"Bro you know what? The mission "Find a Girl to Fuck for Ryan Beaumont" begins. Right now a message arrives and I thank whoever it is for saving me from a situation like this.

***

I enter the gym where the prom was organized. They really did a great job. The decorations are simple, they are simple lights scattered a little everywhere and a few disco balls that descend from the ceiling, the lights make the atmosphere incredibly romantic and also welcoming. A few tables with food and drinks are placed on either side of the gym. Many dance, others talk, some sit on the bleachers waiting for someone to join them.
But then my eyes meet his and everything seems to stop. It's just the two of us and it's the best feeling I've ever experienced. Incredible huh? Only a pair of eyes do this to me.
After a few seconds that seemed like an eternity to me I have to take my eyes off his, Mike is talking to me about something that does not interest me. My eyes still on the figure of the boy I fell madly in love with. He is leaning against the wall, a red paper cup in his right hand and his eyes staring at an indefinite point in the void. He is dressed in a red turtleneck sweater, black jeans and Vans, wears glasses and earrings sparkle in the light. 400 people? Or maybe 500, I don't know, but without a doubt he is the most beautiful of all, always been.