033 ↠ The world is on fire

FIVE MONTHS LATER

FIVE MONTHS LATER

"Hey doc!" Ophelia greeted when she rounded a desk and saw the man in question hunching over a laptop, his glasses slowly sliding off his nose.

He looked up and smiled. "Oh, hey Ophelia. How are you? Haven't seen you in a while. I thought you weren't gonna come for your refill this month"

"Yeah...kinda went off my meds" she grimaced.

Dr. Hank McCoy froze when he stood up, he stared at the young woman with eyebrows raised in surprise. "Oh. How did that go?"

She shrugged. "My place is trashed. I found Romeo's books and threw them down the trash chute. Once I realized what I did I took my meds, waited for them to kick in and was searching the trash for his books. I imagine that's no different than Wade's nights"

"He's like a raccoon sometimes" Hank muttered.

Ophelia smiled. "I know. Spent all night and this morning cleaning my apartment and Romeo's books"

"He wasn't there when it happened?" He questioned.

"Nah. Don't you remember we moved in with the avengers at the compound?"

"Oh, right, right" Hank nodded.

"But I still have my apartment. Separate place from all them, get away for a while" she explained and Hank understood.

"So you two are officially joining them?"

"I think we officially joined them when Nick Fury and Maria Hill came knocking at my door after Ultron trashed the avengers tower" Ophelia answered.

"Huh" Hank nodded. "How come you join them but not us?" The corners of his mouth curling into a smirk.

Ophelia scoffed. "Don't you need to be a mutant to join the X-Men?"

"We could've made an exception for you two. Anyway, you here for your refill?"

"Yes please"

Since the group arrived from Italy, Romeo and Ophelia were invited to live with the avengers at the compound. They agreed, it took Ophelia a little longer to accept because she didn't want to leave her home, call her sentimental but her apartment holds many memories she couldn't let go. But then she realized she didn't have to, not after she found out some of the Avengers have their own place outside the compound to get away for a while. Natasha has a cabin in the woods, Steve has a small place in Brooklyn, Sam, who's one of the Avengers she met after Italy, also has his own place, Clint has his own home as does Thor, and Tony, well, that man can buy a building anywhere he goes.

Hank searched through the medicine cabinet in the lab until he located Ophelia's pills. He took the orange bottle and handed it to her. "Same formula as the last. Remember to take one per day, and/or when you feel one of your headaches coming on"