022 ↠ Hawkeye comic

"The Sackville-Bagginses were not forgotten"

"Listening to the news"

"They were looking at her with their black button eyes"

Ophelia Verona turned her head to the side when she began to hear the voices. Voices she hasn't heard in a long time.

"Come, Mr. Frodo! I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you and it as well. So up you get!"

"Listening to the news! Again?"

"Into the woods then out of the woods–"

She closed her eyes and took in a deep steady breath, only for it to become shaky halfway through and she bit down on her bottom lip. The voices got slightly louder and began to overlap one another.

"Winnie-the-Pooh sat down at the foot of the tree, put his head between his paws–"

"–Lord Tywin Lannister, the Hand of the King–"

"Well, it changes every day, you see"

"He musstn't hurt Preciouss"

Ophelia let out a shaky breath, eyes still closed and she whimpered in pain. Her breathing began to get ragged and tears pooled the corners of her eyes. "Stop" she whispered but the voices didn't stop.

"And home before it's dark!"

"–and began to think"

"A brother of the Night's Watch shouldn't be so scared"

"The Eagles are coming!"

"You won't see the Once-ler. Don't knock at his door"

"Stop, stop, stop!" Ophelia clamped her hands over her ears to try to block out the dismembered voices but they only grew louder, and faster and the overlapping voices became too much.

"–abomination, shame of my flesh!"

"Spiders made Coraline intensely uncomfortable"

"–this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!"

"GANDALF GREYHAME!"

"AND FIRE CLEANSES"

"WHEN HORTON THE ELEPHANT HEARD A SMALL NOISE"

"Go away" Ophelia cried. "Go away!" It's been some time since she's heard the voices. She doesn't have any books in the apartment but Romeo does, he has them hidden but those books don't put her in this much distress. Maybe it has to do with the fact that she's been reading. Reading after all these years might've reactivated her Silvertongue magic.