004 ↠ The aliens are attacking!

"I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone

"I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone. I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched, I let it burn..."

The young brunette woman sang loudly as she practically skipped down the busy streets of New York. She sang, she danced, she skipped, she really didn't care who saw her or if people even saw her considering that the people of New York are always in a hurry and don't pay attention to their surroundings.

"I threw your shit into a bag and pushed it down the stairs. I crashed my car into a bridge, I don't care, I love it, I don't care"

The day is nice and sunny, people are walking and enjoying their day. Ophelia was in a good mood, ever since she got rid of the books she's felt a lot better, but she still has troubling feelings.

But today she's in a great mood and she can't possibly think of anything that would ruin the day.

"I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone. I crashed my car into the bridge, I watched– son of a bitch!" Ophelia yelled and jumped back when something fell on a parked car.

She stared at it and squinted her eyes to try to get a better look from the place she stood. She could see that it's a grey colored creature– an ugly creature. She wondered what it was but her curiously was cut short when she heard screams through her earbuds. She took them off and turned to her right where she saw people running, screaming and ducking for cover.

Things flew above her and she looked up and saw more creatures, but those were flying on some sort of alien vehicle. Ophelia's brown eyes widened like saucers when she saw the larger aliens. A chitauri leviathan.

"The aliens are attacking!" She yelled and took several steps back.

The chitauri took shot at not only people but cars to get them to flip over and cause damage. Ophelia ran and when she heard an explosion, she ducked to avoid getting hit. She looked over her shoulder to make sure there aren't any chitauri near, when she didn't see any she quickly got back up and ran for cover.

"Where does one hide for cover when they city is being destroyed?" Ophelia shouted when she saw destroyed buildings and flipped cars.

Ophelia felt that she was in a war-zone. Chitauri and leviathans flying around and shooting. People getting injured, screaming and running. Covered in cuts and debris, running into buildings to hide and hoping that a group known as the Avengers, will protect them from the chitauri.

The young brunette heard something above her and she looked up to see Iron Man shooting the chitauri, their dead bodies falling to the ground.

"No consideration for the people who are just standing here" she shook her head turned to run.

Ophelia ran down the street, avoiding fallen pieces of building and dead chitauri bodies. She spotted arrows sticking out of some and it must've been a reflex to grab one, she blames Legolas and his training, she grabbed an arrow and continued running. She gave a sharp turn at a corner but as soon as she gave the turn, she tripped and rolled over glass and debris.