007 ↠ Embarrassing Roo

The first time Ophelia met Nick Fury and Maria Hill was a couple weeks after the New York incident

The first time Ophelia met Nick Fury and Maria Hill was a couple weeks after the New York incident. They wanted to know more about her, about what she can do. They ran a background check on her but didn't find anything out of the ordinary, only that she was homeschooled from the age of 12. Other than that, she's had a pretty normal life, well they assumed it was normal, Ophelia says otherwise.

They had come knocking at the door of Ophelia's apartment, and after the introductions, they told the young woman what they're doing there. Ophelia denied everything, but they had it in video. She mentally cursed herself for getting caught like that. If a supergroup of spies caught her on tape, then who knows who else saw her. But the thing she didn't see in the video was Romeo. He was probably ducking behind the pillars so he wouldn't get hit by what was flying around.

Ophelia couldn't deny it after they showed her the video, but she told them straight up that she won't join them. She didn't hear from them again until she received a call from D.C. They needed her help, they were in trouble and could really use her help. She said no and hung up.

People say 'third time's the charm', maybe now she'll be up to help them.

Romeo sat on the armrest of the couch as he listened to Ophelia explain how she knows the two people that entered their home. She doesn't understand why they're there. If she flat out told them the first two times that she won't join them, what makes them think a third time will do?

They must be truly desperate. She thought. Or they won't give up until I say yes.

Once she was done talking, she sighed and glanced over at Fury who didn't stop pounding his fist on the door until Ophelia left her room.

"Where was I during all this?" Romeo questioned.

"Really? Is that all you got from what I just told you?" Ophelia crossed her arms and stared at her roommate.

"Again, who are you?" Agent Hill asked the young man "you said you live here, there's nothing about you in the file"

"You have a file on Ophelia? Stalkers" Romeo muttered.

"Should I ask what you're doing here? Or..." Ophelia asked the two people in the room.

"We need your help" Fury began.

"I knew it" Ophelia scoffed and glanced down at the ground "no" she shook her head.

"How many times are you going to keep saying no?" Hill asked.

"Until it gets through your heads that I'm not helping you!" She glared at the woman.

"Well this time we aren't asking" Fury informed.

"Really? Is that how you recruited those idiots that are on the news almost every week?" Ophelia asked.

"Basically. Yes" he nodded.