003 ↠ Voices

"Why are there so many origami cranes on the table?" Amory eyed the paper cranes covering the table, all in different colors

"Why are there so many origami cranes on the table?" Amory eyed the paper cranes covering the table, all in different colors. Some solid colors and others have pattern.

"Draco Malfoy was here" Ophelia told her father.

"What?" He questioned.

"You know, because in the movie he sends Harry an origami crane with a drawing in it" Ophelia grinned.

"Wow" Amory said unamused.

"Wow" Ophelia repeated and held up the red crane she just made in both hands "although blowing on it doesn't make it fly because sadly I'm not a wizard" she blew on the paper and it didn't fly up, instead it fell off her hands and hit the table "or don't have Juliet's talent"

"So you made all this mess?" Amory motioned at the cranes on the table.

"That was Juliet" Ophelia quickly told on her sister "they originally started off as animals but then ended up being cranes. I don't know how she does it"

"I bet she says the same thing about you when you read" Amory said.

Ophelia shrugged and looked up at her father "Papà, do you ever feel left out?"

"Left out? What do you mean?" He pulled out a chair at the table and sat down.

Ophelia looked down at the crane and pressed on the folded parts "well you're the only one here who doesn't have- I don't wanna say magic but I don't know of another way to say it, but- magic. Well you and Nonna"

Amory didn't have to think about his answer. He was confident and truthful "No"

"Why?"

"Because magic is your thing. Sure it's great and impressive and something that only very few people on this earth can do, but it's your thing. I don't mind not bringing characters to life, or making origami fly, I don't" Amory slowly shook his head as he said this "I-"

"Sherlock Holmes and I walked together to the High Street..."

"Stop now before I kill you all. A word to the wise from your friend Pennywise"

Ophelia turned her head when she heard the voices. She tried to silence them, to listen what her father is saying but she only saw his mouth moving. She can't hear what he's saying.

"Cedric was lying spread-eagled on the ground beside him. He was dead"

"Dorian Grey is my dearest friend"