006 ↠ Crappy movies

"We need better internet

"We need better internet. I've been trying to watch a movie on Netflix for over an hour but it keeps buffering"

"The internet is not the problem" Ophelia spoke as she opened a small orange pill bottle "it's your crappy movie choices" she poured a small white pill onto her palm and closed the bottle.

"Excuse me, but my movie choices are top notch. Ten ten quality content" Romeo took his eyes off the buffering Netflix and over at his friend and roommate.

Ophelia scoffed "yeah right" she placed the pill in her mouth and swallowed it down with water.

The movie Romeo is trying to watch, loaded and began to play. He smiled and turned to the tv, only for it to buffer again ten seconds later.

"Oh, come on!" He groaned and sunk in the couch.

Ophelia giggled "told you" she set the pills aside and grabbed her open laptop from the table before sitting down on the other end of the couch.

"Work, Netflix, work" Romeo begged at the television but it stayed at 25%.

"Your movie choices are such crap, not even Netflix wants to play them" Ophelia snickered as she scrolled through trash articles in the internet.

"Land of the Lost is a great movie!" Romeo told Ophelia.

"I lost a thousand brain cells watching that movie!" She turned to him.

"And what did we learn from that great movie?"

"Gay show tunes save the day" Ophelia answered "its a stupid, trash movie. But its a great trash movie. Still better than SHARKNADO!"

"It's in honor of shark week! I'm going to put all my shark knowledge to good use" Romeo informed "I mean I would if Netflix lets me watch it" he muttered and faced the tv.

Ophelia smiled small and shook her head. She turned back to her computer and sighed.

It's been a couple years since the New York incident. A couple years since Ophelia met Romeo, the young man who has the same gift as her. After she found out that he's been on his own for a while, that he has no family, Ophelia decided to let Romeo live with her. She thought it would be best seeing that she reluctantly agreed to teach him how to be a Silvertongue.

She didn't go back to reading, she didn't go back to how her life used to be before she changed. Ophelia still hates her gift, still thinks that its a curse. She stayed away from books, but for Romeo to be able to practice and understand, her once book free apartment now had books, all Romeo's. For a time only.

The young man has seen how the book voices affect Ophelia, how she covers he ears and yells at them to be quiet. He's seen, since the beginning, her distaste for being a Silvertongue, yet she somewhat put that aside to teach him how to control it. He's grateful for that. He's grateful to her because she helped him when she didn't really have too. She had no obligation, they had literally just met, but she helped him.