Extended description

Silvertongue, is what her grandfather called them

Silvertongue, is what her grandfather called them. A person that when reading out loud, has the ability to bring stories to life. Some saw it as a gift, others saw it as a curse.

Ophelia saw it as a curse.

Because of her ability she was forced to be homeschooled. She didn't have any friends growing up, all she had were her books. While some people may say that their only friends were book characters, Ophelia's friends really were book characters. All she had to do was read a couple sentences out loud and bam there they were.

At first Ophelia absolutely loved her gift, she could bring anything to life by the simple act of reading out loud. Her mother helped her understand her gift, as did her grandfather. They warned her to be careful with what she reads out loud, they wouldn't want to be chasing a hoard of orcs down the street. They warned her about the dangers but they also showed her the beauty in being a Silvertongue.

Ophelia hated her gift.

As Ophelia grew she began to hear them, she was haunted. Her once love for books became hatred and she stopped reading. She hated her gift. She saw it as a curse.

Ophelia spent years avoiding libraries and bookstores. She couldn't handle them, she couldn't handle their voices, she couldn't handle being a Silvertongue.

After she read out loud to save people during the New York incident, unbeknownst to Ophelia she was now under Nick Fury's radar. So Ophelia was beyond shocked when Nick Fury and Agent Hill came knocking at her door asking for her help to defeat a robot that likes Pinocchio.

She unwillingly joins the mission, even after she explicitly tells them that she no longer reads. Because of the horrors Ophelia saw, being a Silvertongue is a curse, and she's not sure she can use her cursed gift to save the world.

Note
While watching a movie I haven't seen since I was like twelve, I was slapped across the face with an idea for a story. And then I re-watched Kubo and the Two Strings and decided to add some of that in the plot and bam! here it is.

This story will follow Age of Ultron...that's about it. After that it will take its own course.

Warnings
•Language.
•Inappropriate jokes.
•More language.

Inspired by the movies, Inkheart and Kubo and the Two Strings.