020 ↠ The King is dead!

" "The king is dead!" The voices of the guards echoed through the halls of the castle

" "The king is dead!" The voices of the guards echoed through the halls of the castle. "The king is dead!" They shouted. Servants stopped what they're doing, maids dropped what they were holding and brought their hands to their mouths in shock. A palace guard ran down the pristine hall and yelled: "the king is dead!" "

As Ophelia read the pages from the book, the Avengers could hear the guards yelling. They can hear the heavy footsteps of the guards running, and the clanging of their armor. The voices of the guards sound nearby, and the Avengers looked around the church in hopes of spotting them, but they didn't. All they heard were their voices.

Ophelia kept her gaze on the open book in her hands as she read "Once upon a time, there was a boy. He lived in a village that no longer exists, in a house that no longer exists, on the edge of a field that no longer exists, where everything was discovered, and everything was possible. A stick could be a sword, a pebble could be a diamond, a tree, a castle. Once upon a time, there was a boy who lived in a house across the field from a girl who no longer exists. They made up a thousand games. She was Queen and he was King. In the autumn light, her hair shone like a crown. They collected the world in small handfuls, and when the sky grew dark, they parted with leaves in their hair"

The Avengers are confused. Why is she reading that? What does a story like that have anything to do with them defeating Ultron? But Ultron is just staring at Ophelia as she's reading, he's planning something, they all know it, but Ophelia is the one who seems to be calling the shots now and they don't know what to do. As Ophelia read, things around them began to change. There's grass around them, it's becoming a beautiful field, the sunlight seeped through the holes of the church ceiling, the colorful autumn leaves falling around them, almost like a movie scene where the main character walks down a street with colorful leaves falling around them and are scattered on the ground during the change of the seasons.

"We interrupt your regularly scheduled program with the following message" Romeo's voice was heard in their comms. This momentarily took them by surprise "don't freak out"

They didn't have time to understand what he meant by that. No sooner was Romeo done talking to them that they heard Ophelia's voice in the comms.

"Listen you sluts, in a couple of minutes Wade is going to piss Ultron off. He'll more than likely launch his robot army on us so be prepared. Oh, also, whatever you do, do not– and I repeat, Do. Not. Approach. The. Bear"

"What the hell is going on?" Tony quietly asked.

"I don't know how to feel about this" Clint muttered.

"We're all going to die" Wanda murmured.

They prepared themselves for the incoming attack, and the Ophelia that's in the middle of the room, continued reading.