40: Player

He stopped laughing and froze when Veronique's fingers traced his arm which was on the table.

His eyes widened as she leaned forward and captured his lips with her own.

He stayed still for sometime before slowly pushing her away.

As if he didn't want it to end, but was obliged to do so.

I didn't know I was holding my breath the whole time watching him now look at his food as Veronique blushed.

So all this time, I was nothing but momentary?

Was he this oblivious about me liking him?

Why did he even raise my hopes in the first place?

I didn't know he was the kind of person to play around....not after how he was so caring and kind towards me.

Oh stupid Hwayeon, I think you forgot.

He's just a friend and that's what he'll ever be.

Tears did not form in my eyes. I didn't feel like crying.

I just felt forgotten and.....dry of any emotions.

Suddenly a pair of hands covered my eyes as darkness filled my sight.

"What-" I tore away the hands and turned around to find Namjoon looking down at me, his eyes hooded and jaw clenched.

"We're leaving. Now." He tilted his head up to give the couple a deathly gaze before taking my hand and dragging me out, Jungkook behind us, remaining quiet.

"I fucking knew it. That jamless son of a sewage pipe." Namjoon lead us to a descending flight of staircases before all of us sat at the edge of it.

"Hyung please calm down.....Veronique should be blamed." Jungkook sat on the other of me, so I was in the middle.

"How can I? I'm disappointed. Jimin should have pulled back right away! Instead it LITERALLY looked like he was enjoying it." He spoke, his voice deeper than ever.

It was now that I felt tears pooling in my eyes, my heart felt like someone squeezed it, hard.

"Hwayeon, he doesn't deserve you." Jungkook wrapped an arm around my shoulder reassuringly.

"But I like him Kookie. I like him a lot. How can I just forget about it?" My voice came out soft and shaky.

"As his bestie, I myself feel so confused as to why would he do that. He's not that kind of person...." He said.

"I know.....Veronique's a fucking bitch. " I sighed, wiping off the small tears that rolled down my cheeks.

I won't cry. I won't waste my tears for something pathetic like this.

"She said something to him before kissing him. But what could it be?" I looked at the floor while speaking.

"I like you?" Jungkook guessed, earning a glare from Namjoon and me.

"It's not a wrong answer though...." He glared back.

And both of us knew he could be right.

What if Jimin liked her back?

Jimin's POV

"Which way is your home?" I asked as we turned towards the stairs .

"Just round the corner Jiminie." Veronique stated.

"Oh! What are you 3 doing here?" I suddenly noticed Namjoon hyung, Jungkook and Hwayeon as they stood up from the stairs.

"None of your business." Hwayeon clenched her jaw before galloping down the stairs.