1.

August 19th 1994, Friday.

My eyes fluttered open at the sounds of my brother and father in the middle of a screaming match with each other over what program to watch on the TV. I could hear the clanking of my mum in the kitchen. I rubbed my eyes before I sat up taking in the small bedroom minimally decorated and annoyingly clean. I guess that's what happens when you spend 89% of your life locked away in your room avoiding the people you're supposed to call family.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I swung my legs over the side of my bed and trudged to the door. I opened it and stared at the hideous photo of my brother that much to my dismay greeted me every morning. I walked to the restroom taking my time when it came to brushing my hair and teeth before making my way to the stairs, I frowned passing the last door on the right knowing that the one person I could count on and talk to was gone for the summer.

Harry, Harry Potter. My cousin and best friend had the opportunity to go and stay with his best friends from school while I was stuck in what I could only classify as hell. I can't say I am not a tiny bit mad at him but I know he'd rather be anywhere but here.

I slowly walked down the stairs my steps causing the ground to creak.

"Can you be any louder?!" Dudley screeched from his place on the couch.

My father turned from his chair in the corner and glared at me as I walked past. "In my day we were up before the sun had risen not lunch time." He snapped.

"Yeah well in your day dinosaurs roamed free." I mumbled under my breath.

"You best be awake on time tomorrow or you'll be grounded for a month." He added turning the page of his newspaper.

I huffed and walked to the kitchen to eat something for breakfast I pushed open the door and my mum was throwing pancakes and sausage into the trash can a scowl on her face.

"Look who decided to join the family today." She smiled a little to sweetly. "Finish the dishes and clean up the kitchen I have an appointment at the salon in 30 minutes."

"Is there anything left from breakfast?" I asked

"If you want to eat what is on the top of the trash." She scoffed. "Breakfast is at 9. You can have cereal or wait until lunch."

I gave a small nod and waited till she left to roll my eyes. I grabbed the milk from the fridge and my cereal from the cupboard before I poured myself a bowl.

"Happy fuckin birthday to me." I whispered pumping a fist in the air as I took a bite.

Finishing my breakfast quickly I cleaned the kitchen and grabbed the empty milk bottles before walking to the front door to set them outside. As I turned around I noticed an envelope was laying next to the paper. I had seen one like it before and grabbed it to hide until Harry came back. As I walked inside and towards the stairs examining the writing my feet stopped moving as I stared at the name written.

Indianola Dursley
4 Privet Drive
Little Whinging
Surry

"What the hell?" I whispered turning it over and over again convinced my mind was playing tricks.

There is no way this is for me, I'm normal.. my parent, my brother were all normal. Yeah I know Harry is a wizard but there is no way I'm a witch, surely I would have known... or would I?

I quickly shoved the envelope in my pocket and ran upstairs to my room hiding it under my pillow making a mental note to talk to Harry when he returned home before going back to Hogwarts.

Me. Indie Dursley a witch?