39.

I woke up a few times throughout the night from the sounds of the house settling or noise from outside startling me. I sat up a little after 4:30 am and took a moment to get my breathing back to normal. Fred was still asleep beside me, he was on his back his hand resting on his chest.

I shifted to lay back down I curled into his side as he shifted his eyes fluttering open and he pulled me close to him again. His hand rubbed my back and his other one held my hand in his kissing the skin on the back of it.

"You okay?" He whispered.

"Yeah.. just woke up for a minute." He nodded and kissed my forehead.

"Get some more sleep love." He whispered softly.

I closed my eyes breathing slowly before I fell back asleep curled into Fred. He waited till I was asleep again before falling back asleep himself. When I woke up again the sun was shining in the window and Fred wasn't next to me, there was a note on the nightstand that I reached to grab after rubbing my eyes.

My love,

Dad, George, Harry, Ron and I are at the burrow for a little while this morning. Mum, Ginny and Hermione stayed back with you. Ginny and Hermione don't know you're back yet though, mum and I agreed not to say anything so you could sleep as long as you need.

I'll see you later love.

Fred

I sat up and pulled the comforter off my legs seeing the cuts and bruises on my legs bringing me back to Malfoy Manor. I cringed as I stood up from the bed walking to my trunk to grab some pants. I found a pair of sweats pulling them on slowly the muscles in my body achy.

I walked out of the bedroom and down the hallway to the stairs, voices making their way upstairs. The stairs creaked as I stepped down them.

"Mum I thought the boys were at the Burrow?" Ginny asked as I took the last step.

I walked into the kitchen before Molly could respond.

"H-hi Herms, Ginny." I said quietly.

Their heads turned around and eyes went wide before standing up and running over to hug me. I hugged them both back tightly tears escaping my eyes. They buried their faces in my shoulders and held me tightly.

"Y-you came back.. oh my god you're back." Hermione grinned pulling back to look at me. She looked at my face a small frown forming on her face. "Honey.. what happened to you?"

"I honestly don't have much of an answer there.." I whispered. "I just remember going after harry and then I was gone.. I apparently had been at Malfoy Manor the whole time though. Yesterday Draco came downstairs and talked to me, he said he had no idea that I was there and apologized profusely. He said he was going to get me food then never came back though. I got worried that I was gonna be down there for a lot longer, but he came back and apparated us out of there and to the Leaky Cauldron."

"Are you okay? I feel like I need to kill him for that." Ginny spoke up

"No, No really. If it wasn't for Draco I would still be down there. I don't know how he found Fred but he did, he ordered me food to make sure that I had something in my system and then Fred walked in. Draco saved me surprisingly."

Hermione hugged me again and sighed.

"Can we not run into danger anymore? We were all worried sick about you and Fred hardly spoke a word while you were gone."

"I know, I have no intentions of just running out a door and after Harry anymore. I would prefer not to sit in a cellar anymore than I have experienced."

"I'm just happy you're home now." Ginny smiled and hugged me once more before she let go and walked back to the kitchen table.

Molly had made me something to eat while I talked to the other two, Hermione went and poured me a cup of coffee. I gave her a smile and took a sip closing my eyes.

"Do you know when the boys are coming back?" I asked Molly.

"They probably won't get home until a little after 3."

I nodded and hugged her as she set food in front of me, we all sat at the table and chatted about the holidays and what they did. I was nice getting my mind off what happened the week prior.

"Molly?" I asked.

"Yes dear?"

"Do you think there is a chance that I could maybe stay back a few weeks and not go back to Hogwarts? I know it's only been a day but I was up every hour or two last night and I just don't know if me being alone is going to be a good idea.. Fred stayed with me last night and I still couldn't sleep. If you think Dumbledore wouldn't let me I can go I just hope maybe I could write him or something.."

"Oh! Of course! I can write him for you." She smiled. "Fred did say to sleep as much as you can honey, so when you're done go lay down and we will get you when the boys get back okay?"

I nodded and continued to eat while I chatted with Herms and Ginny, After I finished eating I took my plate to the sink and cleaned it as well as dried it off putting it away in the cupboard. As I turned to walk upstairs molly stopped me and handed me a package.

"It's your Christmas gift, we were gonna give it to you the night you were taken."

"My Christmas sweater." I smiled and opened it, it was green with a silver I.

"You did my House colors!" I smiled. "Molly its lovely!"

"I was gonna give you one the same as Freds but I decided you needed one that's unique to you."

"You Molly Weasley are the best mum ever." I smiled hugging her tightly.

"You are the best daughter-in-law a mother could ever have."

"I'm not a daughter in law yet." I giggled. "Hopefully one day."

"The ring Freddie gave you last year says otherwise, one day you will be apart of this family by name, but I already count you as a Weasley." She smiled. "Now head up to bed and we will see you later."

I kissed her cheek and headed back upstairs to take a nap before the boys came home, I changed into my new sweater and fell asleep quickly.