10.

A few weeks had passed since I became an official student at Hogwarts, I spent all of my free time studying and becoming knowledgeable about anything and everything I possibly could so I wasn't as behind due to me missing so many years.

The halls of Hogwarts were more crowded than ever with students from two new schools staying with us as the time for the Tri-Wizard tournament has approached. Throughout the last week students over the age of 17 have been entering and tonight was the night we find out the 3 students who will compete.

I sat at the table hidden by shelves of books as I worked on a potions essay we were assigned. My foot tapped against the floor as Hermione poked her head around the corner.

"I thought I'd find you here." She smiled and walked over sitting down. "How are you? Are you feeling good about all your classes?"

"Yeah, I think I'm doing okay, I mean as okay as I can be due to being so behind everyone else." I nodded. "Aren't you supposed to be with Ron and Harry?"

"They are in their dorm. I wanted to come work on my potions essay." She replied looking at the seat across from me.

"Oh sorry you can sit." I nodded moving my books. "I'm doing the same essay actually I feel like I've been working on it for days now."

"Need any help?"

"I don't think so, it's more just putting my thoughts into words."

I looked up at her as she sat down, she set her books next to mine and grabbed her parchment and a quill.

"I haven't seen you talk to Harry much these last few weeks." She spoke up quietly her eyes studying mine.

"I kinda get the feelings he's disappointed in me. Being sorted into Slytherin and all." I shrugged. "But I think that's more just my mind playing games, I have a tendency to do that since I'm so used to submitting to everyone around me, my parents especially."

"Indie, Harry could never be disappointed in you, the talks about you all the time. And I know he's hurting not talking to you."

"He does?"

"Oh my lord yes. He actually keeps trying to figure out a way to get you into Gryffindor." She giggled. "But we all know that isn't gonna happen, you're in Slytherin for a reason."

"Would you look at this boys, Looks like we found the new hangout for Mudbloods." Scoffed Draco from the hallway.

"Shove off Draco. I'm not in the mood for you immature comments today." I rolled my eyes putting my quill down.

"Does my presence bother you Evans?" He asked Hermione's eyes went wide.

"Presence no. I'm just surprised you do so well in school seeing as you focus so much your time walking around hating on non-pureblood students. If I didn't know better I'd start to think you're obsessed with me Malfoy. Does seeing me everyday get you all hot and bothered?" I smirked batting my eye lashes.

"No." He mumbled and stormed off Crabbe glaring and Goyle chuckling as he followed.

"Indie?" Hermione spoke quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Evans? When did that happen? Why did that happen?"

"My parents disowned me when I left Herms, they won't let me come back. And quite honestly I wasn't treated as family by them, my grandmother loved me for me.. and they loved Lily, so I wanna have make Lily and my grandma proud." I said quietly. "Please don't tell Harry right now. I am waiting until I feel it's the right time."

Hermione smiled and patted my arm before she went back to her schoolwork. We chatted about her and Ron a bit before looking at the clock.

"Dinner! We're late! They are announcing the champions!" I gasped grabbing my bag and books quickly. We quickly ran out of the library and Hermione grabbed my hand pulling me with her.  I stumbled over my own feet as we got to the open doors of the dining hall a large goblet in the middle of the room red flames shot up and swirled around as a piece of parchment landed in Dumbledore's hands. He opened it the look on his face one of shock and confusion.

"HARRY POTTER!" He yelled his eyes narrowing down on the person he spoke up. Harry stood up and made his way to him as I stood frozen in the doorway.

"Herms.. he's not 17. Why was his name in there.. he can't." I whispered

"Indie we will figure it out. We will talk to him." She said quietly pulling me back from the door.

I turned on my heels and walked back towards the courtyard taking a seat on the stone fence separating the grass and hallway.

Hermione sat across from me setting her books down. "You know Harry wouldn't put his name in there even if he could, he told us he doesn't want too."

"He did?"

"Yeah as soon as they announced it and the age restrictions Harry said he wants no part of eternal glory." She chuckled.

"Im starting to think I should probably sit down and chat with Harry.. about a lot of things it looks like."

"I think that would be a good idea. You wanna wait here for him? Or sneak into our common room?"

"Lord knows I'm not sneaky enough to make it out without getting caught so I'll wait here for him." I nodded.

"Good luck Indie. I'll see you tomorrow I am gonna go find Ron before heading to sleep." She nodded hugging me quickly, I watched her walk off down the hallway her hair bouncing with every step. I swung my legs as I waited for what seemed like hours for the chance to talk to Harry. I saw him walking down the hallway a little over an hour later and I waited until he got closer to get his attention.

"Harry?" I asked his head snapping towards me.

"Indie, what are you still doing out here?"

"I feel like we need to talk.. it's been weeks and I need to apologize for that."

"No need to apologize, we're in different houses." He chuckled.

"But are you mad about that?"

"I was." He shrugged. "I really did think you'd be in Gryffindor.. like me and my parents."

"Harry the day I met with Dumbledore before class he called me by my parents last name. I asked him to change it.. change it to Evans." I spoke softly my face looking for some type of emotion on Harry's face.

"Like my mum?"

I nodded. "Grandma Evans was good to me as a kid, she was the only family besides you that acted like I existed. I wanna make her proud, and your mum. I can't let you get all the credit." I chuckled his foot shoving my leg softly.

"I like it. I think it suits you, really well."

I shifted again before asking. "How did your name end up in the goblet Harry? You aren't 17."

"I have no bloody idea. Ron is pissed, the twins are confused, and I just got done in Dumbledore's office where I was told I have no option but to compete."

"You aren't 17 though! You could get hurt!"

"They don't care.. rules are rules and I'm stuck." He sighed.

"Well you have to be careful. I'm gonna be selfish here and say I can't lose you.. cause you and I are the only family the each of us have." I said standing up and wrapping my arms around his neck. "Be careful Harry." I added pulling back. "I have to head to bed but I will see you in the halls tomorrow?"

"Goodnight Indie." He nodded and stood up himself heading to his common room unaware of the confrontation he and Ron were going to have.