33.

Fred and I ended up hanging around the house that day, I wanted to make sure that the house was clean and ready for when Molly brought Arthur home that next morning. Fred much to my surprise completed all the tasks I asked him to help me do. I turned on some music to listen to as I cleaned up the kitchen. The trio had gone with Ginny to get lunch in Diagon Alley.

"You know I always wonder why you don't just use magic to clean." Fred giggled from the stairs.

"Because it may come to a surprise to you but I grew up cleaning my house by hand, and I know you did too until you could use magic outside of school."

"Hey! It's convenient." He giggled walking over to me. "And it gives me more time to do other things, like maybe my girlfriend." He winked.

"No sir, we're cleaning and getting your parents house ready, you had that this morning.. or was it last night? I can't remember."

"Need a refresher?"

"Fredrick Weasley! Go finish cleaning you animal!"

He whined into my ear before kissing my cheek and walking back to finish the task I gave him, once the trio and Ginny came home I finished dinner and we all ate.

"How was lunch?" I asked.

"Good, we all did some Christmas shopping while we were out as well! Ginny smiled.

"Oh shit.. I forgot I needed to go today!" I mumbled. "I'll go after I clean up dinner."

"We can clean up dinner! You cleaned the house!" Hermione smiled.

"Hey! We! We as in Indie and Fred!" Fred huffed not wanting to be left out of getting credit.

"We all know indie did more work Fred, don't try and deny it."

"Fred surprisingly did quite a bit, mostly stuff I couldn't reach."

"Look at you Fred! Looks like being in a relationship makes you do new things." Ron chuckled.

"Shove it Ronald." Fred glared.

I took my plate to the sink cleaning it off before walking upstairs to put on my shoes, grab my wand and money. After slipping in my coat I headed back downstairs.

"I'm gonna run to Diagon Alley really fast to get some last minute gifts for tomorrow! Please make sure the boys don't destroy the house." I begged Herms and Ginny.

"We got it here! Be safe and we will see you soon yeah?" I nodded.

After using the floo network I made it to Diagon alley with a little over an hour until the shops closed. The cobble lined streets filled with people who also put off Christmas shopping till the last minute. I kept my hands shoved in my pocket as I walked store to store hoping that gifts would just kind of call out to me and mostly all of them did, except Fred's.

As closing time drew near for the stores panic started to set in as I still hadn't found the perfect gift. I stopped in the last store looking around having already accepted defeat. I spotted a pair of cuff links that I liked and I thought Fred would actually enjoy them for once he opened up the shop.

I was able to get them engraved with his initials as I continued to walk around looking at the jewelry around me. I found a simple silver ring tucked away and asked for that as well getting the date our first date engraved on the inside, after I paid the clerk wrapped it up and handed it to be before I was on my way back to the floo network to head back to the burrow.

Adjusting all my bags into my left hand I grabbed the green powder, firmly said my destination and was off.

"You're back!" Ginny smiled from across the kitchen her and Harry had been cleaning the dishes as I stumbled out of the fireplace.

"I am, and I hate using the floo network." I giggled setting the bags down to take off my shoes.

"Me too!" Ron shivered dramatically from the living room sitting next to Hermione.

"Where's Fred?" I asked.

"Upstairs! He wanted to finish wrapping gifts before you got home." Ginny smiled.

I walked up to my room walking inside and closing the door behind me to wrap gifts for everyone in peace, Fred's voice could be heard through the walls as he swore at himself obviously struggling to wrap gifts.

It took me a little over 45 minutes to wrap everyone's presents, stacking them against the wall before changing into my pjs. I kept the door unlocked for Fred incase he wanted to come and sleep with me that night.

The bed was warm as I curled up looking out the window at the snow that was falling, my heart swelled as I thought about spending Christmas with the Weasleys, I knew we were getting the same sweater we get from Molly every year, I looked forward to it. Bill and his fiancée were staying home this year and Charlie was staying in Romania again so it was just everyone currently in the house.

As I drifted off to sleep I felt Fred climb into bed next to me pulling me close.

"Goodnight love." He whispered into my hair, he kept me close as he fell asleep himself. He was excited for Christmas the next day, he dad was coming home, he got to wake up to his girlfriend and he gets to spend time with his family before opening up the shop in the coming weeks.

This coming year is gonna be a good one.