41.

Staying home from Hogwarts for a few weeks was relaxing, honestly I knew it it was much needed. Fred and George not being at Hogwarts anymore was hard on me. Going from seeing the people you loved more than anything everyday to seeing them once every month if you're lucky was hard.

I had made the adjustment once when it came to my parents and brother but I never planned on having to make it again. Fred and George worked in the shop and I stayed at Grimmauld Place for the sake of my safety. When I was able to convince Molly to let me to visit the twins shop I took the opportunity as fast as I could.

I sat in my room reading up on homework I was missing while in London, Hermione had gathered it all and sent it to me to work on. I checked the clock watching it waiting for 5 to arrive so I could go to the twins shop just before closing, Molly had agreed to let me stay the night.

I missed Fred, I missed the normalcy of my old life, a life before I was a witch, before I knew about all of my powers and capabilities. A life before I met Fred, don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade that experience for the world but I can't say I'm not scared of what has been going on.

Dumbledore and Harry have been working on getting horcruxs in order to take down Voldemort but they really had no idea how to find them or destroy them. Right now actually Harry was with Dumbledore in search of one.

When the clock struck 5 I quickly changed my clothes and packed a bag small enough to hold clothes for the night and en extra pair incase I can talk Molly into letting me stay another night. I made sure to take George some of Molly's baked good as a peace offering for me staying the night. After grabbing my wand and my homework I made my way downstairs to the living room, Molly was waiting.

"Hi Molly." I smiled walking into the room.

"Hello dear." She smiled standing up from the couch. "I just wanted to check and make sure you really wanted to go, for tonight."

"I do Molly, I miss Fred and George. I'll be okay, I'll stay in their flat unless I have the boys with me." I nodded. "And if I don't get a change of scenery I'll probably go crazy." I chuckled.

"I just want you safe Indie, with Harry out somewhere we don't know it's just scary not being able to keep an eye on you."

"I know, and I promise you if anything happens I'll come back right then and there."

"Okay." She nodded cupping my cheek. "Please, please be safe and don't do anything stupid okay?"

"Yes ma'am."

She hugged me tightly before letting me step into the fireplace and grab some powder. I gave her another smile before I threw it down shouting my destination clearly, I was off.

I landed with a crack inside the joke shop, I looked around and chuckled Fred had cleaned up a bit. I knew for a fact it wasn't George because George hated cleaning, I mean they both did but Fred made sure to do it before me.

On the counter sat a box tied with a bow and a bottle of vodka. I giggled knowing full well if Molly found out he bought me alcohol I would be in serious trouble. I walked over and set my bag on the couch and took a seat on the stool at the counter. A card was leaning against the bottle of vodka, I grabbed it and opened it.

My love,

I am excited we were able to talk my mum into letting you leave the house for the night. I have missed you. We're in the shop for a few more hours but I can't wait to get home to spend the rest of the night with you. If you wanna come down and see us we're probably in our office or wandering around the shop trying to convince kids to buy unnecessary shit.

Anyway can't wait to hug you and kiss you.
Love Freddie.♥️

P.S. mum said I can't let you leave the shop so I stopped and got you some of your favorite sweets from Sugarplums. Please save me a chocolate frog.

I smiled and set the card down untying the bow and looking inside, he had bought cauldron cakes, chocolate frogs, some jelly beans and a few other treats. I grabbed 2 of the chocolate frogs and walked to the door to run down to the shop. The twins and locked the door so no one would come into their place so I unlocked it walking down the stairs and flicked it locked with my wand.

The sound of people shopping fluttered through the building, kids laughing and carrying armfuls of goodies to prank their friends with became louder as I got to the bottom of the stairs. I looked around a smile crossing my face seeing the creation they had talked so highly about at school thriving. I smiled at the employees behind the counter and knocked on the door to their office not even allowing them to speak before I walked in.

"Your gift has arrived." I giggled.

Fred looking up from his desk at the sound of my voice and smiled. I walked over pulling his chair out and sitting on his lap, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close kissing my cheek.

"Hi George." I smiled looking face across the room at his twin.

"Hi Indie." He chuckled.

"Where is my gift?" Fred asked with a chuckle. "Also you didn't say hello to me!"

"I Fred, I am your gift. I give you the gift of being in my presence." I giggled. "And hello love." I added kissing his cheek. I tossed one of the chocolate frogs over to George who caught it one handed before going back to his paperwork, I kept the other in my hand. "I gave George your chocolate frog, this one is mine."

"Hey! He can go buy his own."

"Freddie be nice, he has to deal with us in the apartment tonight. Cut the man a break."

"We can use a spell he won't even know." He huffed quietly into my shoulder. "Besides! I never said we were having sex."

"Oh I planned on sex, now if you want to participate or not is up to you. I can take care of myself." I shrugged

"Oi! I'm right over here!" George whined.

"Stop eavesdropping!"

"I'm not! This room is only so big and you Fred don't understand whispering." George huffed.

"He's not wrong." I giggled. Fred smacked my thigh softly. "Be nice or you can go back to Grimmauld place."

"You won't let me. You miss me to much."

"I hate when you aren't wrong." He glared. "Now, as much as I enjoy you being right here with me we have to finish up some paperwork. You can either head back upstairs or if you wanna hang out in here you have to move off my lap."

I frowned and set the chocolate frog on the desk before standing up. "I guess I'll go upstairs, may as well shower." I shrugged. Fred whined to himself and shifted causing me to giggle and shoot him a wink.

"Bye George. I'll see you later!" I smiled giving him a wave, he nodded and waved back as I walked to the door.

"Bye Freddie." I winked before I closed the door on my way out and headed upstairs to their flat once more.