38.

"F-Fred? Why aren't we going to the Burrow?" I asked quietly. His face sank and he squeezed my hand.

"Let's talk about that once we get you home okay?" He asked. I nodded and didn't push it further, Fred kept his hand in mine as we walked back to 12 Grimmauld Place.

My body felt heavy as we walked, I knew I was tired but I didn't fully understand just how tired I was. We made it to Grimmauld Place, the lights were all off and Fred opened the door quietly walking inside after me. He closed and locked the door before taking me in his arms again and hugging me.

"I love you." He whispered. "So fucking much but how could you be so damn stupid." He mumbled into my hair. I wanted to be hurt by his words but I knew he was right, I shouldn't have followed Harry, I should have stayed where I was but I knew if I didn't follow him someone else would have and I didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

"I know Fred." I whispered. "Trust me, I've had time to think about it."

He sighed pulling me back to him as the light down the hallway flipped on and Arthur turned the corner with his wand in his hand Molly behind him. Arthur dropped his wand to his side as Molly froze in her tracks looking at me like she had just seen a ghost.

"You.. you're back. Indie how did you get back!?" She asked quickly running over to hug me. Fred stood back and let her.

"I.. I really don't have an answer to that.. I don't know anything more than Draco got me to the leaky cauldron and f-Fred came to pick me up."

"You were with Draco? Draco took you?!" Molly questioned I could tell she was getting angry.

"N-no.. m-Molly Draco..."

"Voldemort. Voldemort got Bellatrix to take her, but they took her to Malfoy Manor and when Draco heard she was there today he went to check on her, then he wrote me." Fred spoke up from behind me. She looked at him and her face dropped.

"Sorry dear, I panicked and should have let you explain, not lecture you."

"I-it's okay Molly." I whispered.

Fred pulled me down the hallway and to the kitchen as Molly grabbed me some more water to drink.

"Y-you said you'd tell me about the Burrow Fred.. what happened?" I asked.

Molly froze and held the counter I could tell she didn't want to cry.

"After they took you they destroyed it.. we were able to salvage some stuff and some parts of it but it's going to need to be repaired."

"Oh my god.. Molly, Arthur, I'm sorry." I said quietly. Molly shook her head.

"It's okay dear, all that matters is that we're all safe, and that we have you back home with us."

"I-I.. is there somewhere I can sleep tonight?" I asked.

"There is always somewhere you can sleep with us, we will make room where is needed but the room you had last time is still empty for you." She nodded handing me some water, I drank a few glasses and closed my eyes taking a second to breathe and relax.

"I, if I can I would really appreciate taking a bath, or a shower.. something."

"You go for it and have Fred let me know if you need anything okay? Anything at all." I nodded giving her a smile and stood up Fred helping me upstairs. He turned on the bathroom light before running a bath for me.

"Get out of these clothes and in the tub and I'll be back in a minute okay?" He whispered kissing my head.

He walked out closing the door and I undressed dropping my clothes in a pile on the floor. I looked at the bruises that had appeared on my body from the night I was taken. I stepped into the tub sitting down before I pulled my knees up and relaxed in the hot water. The steam fogging up the bathroom and clearing out my sinuses.

The warmth of the water eased the tension in my muscles and gave me a sense of comfort as I closed my eyes laying my head back against the rim. A soft knock came at the door and Fred walked in closing the door behind him setting a t shirt of his and some of my underwear from my trunk on the bathroom counter before he sat down next to the tub. He laid his head on the rim of the tub and watched me as I relaxed.

"Freddie I'm sorry." I whispered lifting my head to look at him.

"Don't be sorry love, I know you didn't intend for any of this to happen and if it was George, or any of my siblings I would have done the same, hell I had every intention of going after you but George held me back. I just need to ask you to promise me you won't ever do anything like that again." He whispered kissing my arm.

"I promise Fred." I whispered softly.

"Are you feeling okay? Need the water hotter?" I shook my head and shifted a bit in the tub as he turned it off.

"Will you sleep with me tonight?" I asked quietly. "I-I.. I don't think I'll sleep well if I'm by myself."

"Of course I will love." He nodded. I gave him a small smile before I reached for the shampoo and conditioner. "I got it, you just relax."

Fred stood up pulling the legs of his sweats up and above his knees before he moved to sit behind me on the edge of the tub. His feet sat on either side of my hips, he picked up the shampoo putting a little bit in his hands before he lathered it into my roots using his fingers to massage it gently, my eyes rolled back into my head at the feeling. He made sure to be gentle but he also wanted me to be comfortable, Fred knew I loved when someone played with my hair so this was heaven.

After the shampoo became foamy he grabbed a cup he had brought in from the kitchen and rinsed out my hair carefully not to get much water on himself nor on the floor. He repeated the process working the conditioner into the ends of my hair before he rinsed them out as well. I washed off my chest and body before I sat back against the tub once more my head resting on Fred's thigh.

"Thank you for your help tonight Fred."

"Thanks for letting me help.. I know that might not have been easy.."

"I feel so much better now that I've cleaned myself off." I sighed.

"What do you say we get you out of the tub and dressed then we go lay down yeah? We have nothing to do tomorrow but go work on the Burrow so you can sleep all day."

I nodded and reached to drain the tub, Fred got out drying his legs off before he grabbed my towel and held it up waiting patiently for me to stand up. Once I did he wrapped it around my body and helped me out of the tub. I held the towel around my body as Fred's hands cupped my cheeks. His thumbs rubbed across my face as he smiled.

"I never wanna go a day without seeing your face again." He whispered.

"Only when I have to go back to school." I frowned.

"I know love, but whenever you come home stay with me and George. Just.. I need you with me okay?"

I looked up at him nodding slowly before he pulled my lips to his. The kiss wasn't eager, rushed or sexual. It was soft, almost as if fred was engraving the feeling into his mind again. My hands wrapped around his waist as I pulled myself to him. He kissed my forehead softly after pulling away before hugging me tightly holding me to him.

We stood in each others arms for a little longer before he stepped out to let me dress, I met him in the hall before walking to my room. My trunk was at the foot of the bed and the lamp on the nightstand was on.

Fred cleaned up the bathroom while I got in bed waiting for him to lay down before I did anything, I was scared that as soon as I would close my the events of the last few days would unfold. He walked in moments later closing the door behind him and walking to the bed removing his shirt before laying down next to me and pulling my body to his. I laid my head on his arm the coldness of my hair making him shiver but he stayed still. He kept his arm around me as he pulled the comforter up around us.

"Would you like the light on?" He asked, I nodded slightly. He kissed my head and rubbed my back. "Goodnight my love." He whispered.

My eyes closed and I fell asleep comfortably for the first night in almost a week if not more.