13.

I woke the next morning having already missed breakfast, I slid out of bed and walked into my bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, my mind replayed the events of the night before a blush crossing my cheeks as I reminisced being in Fred's arms, I longed to be back there his breath on my hair as he hugged me tightly.

I walked out of the bathroom and sat at my desk pulling out parchment and my quill to write to molly who I have ever so neglected to do so, I'm sure I could get Harry to send it for me.

Molly,

I apologize for just now finding the time to write you, I have been doing all I can to catch up to the trio. I am thoroughly enjoying my time here at Hogwarts and I'm excited to see how the rest of the year plays out.
I was sorted into Slytherin which has unfortunately had some rough moments due to not knowing anyone and dealing with the dreaded Malfoy but I've come to realize I'm able to hold my own.
I wanted to write you and thank you for raising absolutely amazing young men, Fred asked me to the Yule ball last night and I of course said yes.
Molly I appreciate you more than I can tell you and I can't wait until I get to see you again hopefully it's soon.

I had to ask Harry to send this for me so I hope it actually arrives to you, I don't have an owl.

With all the love,
Indie.

I folded the letter and sealed it before sliding on my shoes, I made my way towards the courtyard in hopes of finding Harry. I much to my enjoyment did just that, I sat next to Ron as they all chatted amongst themselves.

"Indie! Hi!" Hermione smiled and wiggled her eyebrows. "You excited for the dance?"

"Um. Yeah. I am." I giggled. "I'm gonna have to figure out what to wear with the money I have but I'm sure I can find something." I nodded.

"I'll go with you if you'd like, I need to find a dress myself."

"Oi! Who asked you!?" Ron huffed.

"Well Ronald that's none of your business is it?" Hermione shot back.

I looked at Harry who held back a chuckle.

"I was hoping you could send this for me? I don't have an owl and I promised Molly I would write." I asked setting the letter down.

"Oh yeah! Absolutely I can send it when I get back to my room." He smiled putting it in his book.

"Ooh Evans and Potter? Who would have thought those two would have gotten together." Malfoy chuckled walking over.

"That's disgusting he's my cousin you bloody idiot." I gagged. "But do tell me Malfoy, I thought it was you purebloods who enjoyed keeping it in the family? I've done my research." I smirked shifting my body towards him as I waited for an answer.

"Stupid little mudblood." He scoffed turning his face down at the four of us before stomping off.

"I've realized it's really fucking easy to get under his skin." I giggled looking back at the trio.

"He's kinda all bark and no bite." Ron shrugged.

"Oh! Indie do you wanna go to Hogsmeade tomorrow to look for dresses?" Herms asked.

"Yeah! I'm free, wanna go after lunch?"

"Yes!" She grinned. "I'm gonna go finish some extra homework and I'll see you tomorrow." She waved and walked off.

Ron began to huff and puff about how Hermione had a date and neither him or Harry had one.

"Better get to asking Ronald, the dance is a week away." I said patting is back and standing up. "Thank you for mailing that letter Harry! I owe you!" I shouted before I walked off down the hallway my heart fluttered as I caught sight of Fred and George chatting with a group of 2nd years, I walked up grabbing Fred's arm before I turned him towards me.

"Think George can handle that transaction alone?" I asked

"I'm sure he can manage." He chuckled his cheeks flushing before turning to whisper something to George. I looked at my feet as I waited for him to come back over to me. He walked over with a smirk in his face.

"The lady has requested my presence?"

"The lady wanted to thank you for yesterday, and for the gift." I said doing everything in my power not to blush.

"It's my pleasure." He nodded.

"I don't think you fully understand what that meant to me Fred."

"Right now no, but I would love to know."

"I have never been the girl, hell the person to get that kind of attention, have it be about me.. you gave me that.. and I can't thank you enough." I said quietly shoving my foot into the stone below us. Fred walked forward and took me into a hug leaning his lips to my ear.

"As long as we're in each other's lives I can promise you there is more where that came from." He whispered before kissing my head and giving me a smile. He pulled back before nodding and walking back over to George. I turned and walked back to the dungeons my mind planning out what I wanted to wear for the dance that next weekend, all I knew is I wanted to look the best I could for the beautiful boy with brown eyes and a smile that makes me weak in the knees.