14.

The next day was spent in Hogsmeade with Hermione and Ginny, the boys had decided to go play a bit of Quidditch. After Ginny and Hermione found themselves dresses before we headed back.

"Indie I feel like we can't leave without you getting a dress." Ginny frowned.

"It's okay, i'll sneak out and go to Diagon Alley or somewhere not here. I can take money from my bank back home. Well once I figure out how to do that." I chuckled.

"You could get into trouble though!" Hermione spoke up.

"I know.. but I unfortunately dont have enough money in this world right now to afford a proper dress." I shrugged. "And don't repeat this but Fred deserves someone who looks their absolute best."

Ginny wrapped an arm around my shoulder and hugged me.

"We will figure something out I know it." She nodded before we headed back up to school. We went our separate ways and I passed the boys who were coming back from quidditch.

"Oi you're back already? Did you ladies find dresses?" Ron questioned.

"Oh, Herms and Ginny did. I'm gonna try and sneak back home to get one."

"Absolutely not! You could get caught!" Harry scoffed. I looked behind him and Fred and George who were listening intently.

"Harry can we have this conversation another time... You and I?"

He walked over to me and we walked down the hallway a bit.

"Harry I cant afford the dresses around here, they are way more expensive than back home. I am sure I can figure out a way to sneak to and from without being noticed."

"And if you get noticed then you wont be able to go to the ball."

"If I dont have a dress Fred wont want to go with me and either way I wont be going now will I?"

"The lad would go with you in a damn pair of Pjs, he's mad for you."

'He what?"

'I didn't say anything, now you aren't leaving campus. I cant let you get into trouble." He warned before walking back over to Ron and the twins.

I rolled my eyes and wandered back to the dungeons, giving Goyle a nod as I passed.

***********************************

I had come up with a plan to sneak off during my muggle studies class after lunch since I had a passing grade, I ate and chatted with a few girls I had come close with in Slytherin house. They talked about who had asked them and invited me to get ready with them before hand. I politely declined the offer and smiled before I walked back to my room to change before heading to Hogsmeade. I walked into my room and noticed a black box with a maroon and gold bow wrapped neatly around it. I opened the card that was attached.

My Dearest Indie,

I was so thrilled to have received your letter, I was starting to worry that something had happened. I did hear that you were sorted into Slytherin but we all still adore you anyway! Things at the Burrow are quiet without you all and I hope to see you come back with everyone this weekend to stay for Christmas. I apologize that this letter is not as long but I do hope you enjoy your gift from us and Harry. Fred is a lucky boy to have someone so beautiful as his date to the Ball.

Love,
Molly.

I set the letter down on my pillow as I smiled, I sat down and pulled the ribbon off the box before opening it. Inside was a silver floor length dress with a low cut back and jewels on the skirt. I held it up to my body and stared at it in the mirror for as long as I could before I hung it up carefully from my door. I made a mental note to thank Harry as well as the Weasleys for the dress next time I saw them.