8.

I froze and blinked a few times before looking over at Harry quickly his eyes wide with shock, Ron, Hermione and the twins all leaned in whispering amongst themselves as I stood up and was escorted to the table across from them with students in black robes that had a snake crest embroidered on the breast pocket. I walked along the isle until I found an empty seat and tapped the boy sitting next to it on the shoulder.

"May I?" I asked quietly. The brunette boy with a stocky build quickly turned around and looked at me his eyes wandering from my face to my shoes before shrugging.

"Sure." He mumbled and turned back to the boys across from him who watched me sit down slowly, keeping my looks to myself.

"Gregory Goyle." The boy spoke holding out his hand. "My friends call me Goyle."

I nodded and took my hand out of my lap taking his in mine and shaking it, his thumb lingering on the skin before letting go.

"Nice to meet you." I nodded and looked at the front of the room watching the rest of the students get sorted my stomach dropping each time Gryffindor was called. I watched as a young boy walked over to the seat Fred had saved for me and sat down.

I looked up and down the table I was now to sit at everyday for meals.

"You look a little old to be a 1st year." One of the boys across from Goyle spat as he looked me up and down deciding whether or not I was worth even speaking to.

"I guess you could say I am a transfer." I mumbled annoyance laced in my voice. I looked up studying his features his eyes meeting mine as he stared.

"Transfer from where?" He questioned.

"I don't see why that information is any of your business seeing as I don't know you and by the attitude that is coming across with your words and the extremely large ego that is radiating off of you I don't think it will ever be." I replied, He scoffed and turned back to talking to the person next to him.

After everyone was sorted and they had all taken their seats at their correct tables a tall man made his way to the front of the head table and began to speak, he introduced himself as Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of the school. I listened to every word he spoke ignoring the whispers coming from the cocky blonde across from me. Dumbledore continued and announced that in a few weeks time students from 2 other schools would be joining us at Hogwarts as we were hosting the Tri-Wizard tournament that caused whispers to be heard all over the large room, once he was able to quiet everyone down and finish with his speech he thanked everyone and wished us a great year before mountains and mountains of food appeared in front of us the boy next to me and his friends digging in.

I sat quietly and sipped my drink not really hungry for dinner due to my nerves of not being with Harry and his friends.. My friends.

After everyone began to trickle out of the dining hall Goyle looked at me.  "If you would like to follow me I can show you to our common room." He offered

"I'd appreciate that actually, thank you." I stood up and he nodded towards the door the two boys he was talking to already on their way out. "Um do you mind if I ask who those other two are?"

"The tall lanky one is Draco Malfoy, surprised you've never heard of him, and the pudgy one is Crabbe."

The name Malfoy lingered in my mind as I made my way to the door following behind Goyle, I turned and looked over towards Harry who watched me a look of shock appearing, I waved and turned the corner. I followed down the well lite hallway not the slightest clue where I was going part of me questioning whether I should even be following this random guy at all. He led me deeper and deeper into the castle my nerves racing through my mind before he stopped in front of a stone wall and mumbled causing the stone to part revealing an entryway.

I walked inside and looked around the dimly lit room the emerald green accents scattered along the walls, and couches. I walked around touching basically everything in my way taking in the feeling of the new place I would call home. I looked back to the doorway that had now closed and Goyle had disappeared. I looked to the side noticing two staircases leading in opposite directions before my curiosity took over and I made my way up them to a hallway lined with doors, I looked at the names that hung to the side of each door and to my surprise I saw mine. I turned the knob causing the door to open slowly the darkness of the room eerie. I turned the light on and noticed my trunk sitting in the bed closest to the wall, the one closest to the door empty of sheets and pillows. "Guess I'm by myself." I whispered walking in closing the door behind me. I took out my wand and turned to the door.

"Colloportus." I whispered and mirrored the motion I saw Harry do back at my parents home, the lock clicking into place causing me to grin and jump up and down. Once I got over my newfound excitement I walked to my trunk to grab some pjs and get ready for bed, I set the alarm on my nightstand before drifting off to sleep.