Chapter four

TUESDAY

The next day Ryujin awakes first. Knowing Yeji was in the next room connected to the bathroom, she tried to be as quiet as she could, waking into the bathroom to brush her teeth.

She clearly can't be quiet, because she knocks over a can of hairspray.

"Shit." She picks it up, but Yeji was already awake.

The older girl knocks on the bathroom door, causing Ryujin to flinch.

"Fuck," she's awake, good job Ryujin. "Hello?"

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah. Do you need to be in here?"

"Not yet. Was just checking what was up."

"Nothing. Everything's fine."

Ryujin hears laughter on the other side of the door, "Okay."

So she failed, she woke Yeji up and she broke the top off of her hairspray. Great day so far.

Neither of the two girls have any plans for today. They haven't thought that far. Ryujin wants to travel somewhere in at least a week or two. She's too anxious right now though, with the new move in and everything else.

She brushes her teeth and fixes her hair, opening the door to leave when Yeji's about to do the same.

Leaving them chest to chest, face to face. Shit.

Yeji was a bit taller, leaving Ryujin having to look up to her in the slightest. She wasn't understanding how they got here.

Ryujin could hear the older girls breathing being so close to her face, it was uneven, like the ran a marathon. Ryujin could kiss her. Should she? Does Yeji want her to?

Yeji was thinking the same thing. She was breathing heavy, she couldn't control it. How could you when Shin Ryujin is standing right in front of you? Did Ryujin want to kiss her? Why would she look at her like that if she didn't?

The words of doubt flash through her head.

'Ryujins fucked up. She won't like anyone back after what happened.'

She doesn't kiss her, because she knows the shorter girl doesn't want it. Yeji moves over, quickly apologizing to Ryujin before entering the bathroom and closing the door.

Ryujin sighs. She was so close! She could have kissed her, but Ryujin doesn't have romantic feelings for Yeji, so if she kissed her and the other girl liked her, she'd be leading her on. Ryujin thinks so anyways. Ryujin needs to get over what happened though, it was in the past, and she knows the likelihood of it happening again, is almost zero to none.

Ryujin decides to get dressed before watching some tv, waiting for Yeji to come out so she could apologize. She does feel bad, after what happened.

Yeji comes out sometime later, Ryujin forgetting about apologizing as she sits by Ryujin.

It isn't awkward, which is weird. They just start talking, about the most random things. What they did as a kid, what the other favorite color was, what their favorite subject is. Pointless, meaningless, stuff. None the other would actually care about, unless they cared about each other.

Which, they do care about each other clearly. Always going out of the way to do something if the other person needs it done. This has been proven with the past weekend that Ryujin and Yeji have been hanging out.

There is definitely some tension between the two, both of them not sure what kind yet. Ryujin also definitely has a crush on Yeji, she just hasn't admitted that to herself yet. She will, hopefully sooner than later. She just needs time.