Chapter twenty-two

one year later

The red book full of photos of the past sits on Yeji's lap as she flips through it, smiling fondly. Their first date, first kiss, first 'I love you', all marked down within a vast expanse of one hundred and twenty-two pages. Each photograph has a date on it, starting with March of last year. The afternoon Summer sunshine looms in the bedroom window.

Ryujin stands in the two's shared apartment, making food in the kitchen, occasionally peaking into the bedroom where Yeji is sat, smiling at her. Ryujin has also had her fair share of looking at the photo boom when she thinks Yeji isn't watching her. But Yeji always catches her, smiling or giggling, looking at her favorite picture of a date the two went on. It's Yeji's least favorite as she has a whipped cream mustache and is rolling her eyes in the photo. That however just makes Ryujin love it more.

The pair never fight. Their relationship has always been perfect. The last thing the two 'argued' about was who looked prettier in a matching outfit they bought for Yuna's party. It resulted in Yeji storming into the shared bedroom, and Ryujin trailing right after her and showering her with love and compliments.

Yeji's friends always make in fun of her. Yeji writes them off as jealous and continues to bring Ryujin to every movie, hangout, or party. Ryujin is always happy to be a part of.

Summer is Ryujin's new favorite season. Being able to wake up early to watch sunrises, is something she will forever be grateful for. She wakes up alone most mornings, staring at Yeji for a moment before putting her shoes on and sitting on the hill closest to their home. Yeji always walks out the door minutes later, groggy, squinted eyes with the floral comforter over her shoulders. No matter how warm it is outside.

"Why didn't you wake me up, Ryujinie?" She'll say, plopping down next to Ryujin. She is always wearing bunny slippers.

"You look too pretty while you sleep Yeji, we've been over this." Ryujin will reply, smiling at Yeji once again, like she always does.

"Wake me up next time please."

"I will."

Yeji finishes up daydreaming about their relationship when Ryujin calls her name.

"Yeji! I made lunch."

Without replying, Yeji puts down the photo album and walks to the kitchen.

She smiles when she sees that Ryujin has made her favorite; breakfast for lunch.

Cute pancakes shaped into little bears sit next to fruit. She laughs a little bit at the thought of Ryujin trying so hard to get the perfect dollop of whipped cream on the bear. She knows how much of a perfectionist Ryujin is, and what lengths she would go to to make sure everything is just to her liking. That's one of Yeji's favorite things about Ryujin, actually.

She sits down across the table from Ryujin, and Ryujin has also made herself adorable pancakes.

"I think they're too cute to be eaten, Ryu." She jokes.

Ryujin looks up to her very seriously, "You better eat those Yeji. Do you know how much time I spent on these?" She gestures widely at the pancakes whilst Yeji throws her head back and laughs.

"I'm kidding! I'm just kidding, Ryujin. They look delicious, of course I'll eat them."

"Good," Ryujin laughs too.

"They're kinda ridiculous aren't they? Are they too much? Am i trying too hard?"

"No Ryujin," Yeji begins, "They're perfect, you're perfect. Everything is perfect."

"I just want you to know I'm trying my best."

"I know that, of course I know that."

"Good. That's good."

———
A/N: besties!!!! i have been gone for way too long... sorry... this is the last chapter! :( i'm going to make an epilogue chapter though:) their story isn't over! don't worry:) ryeji lives on. how do you feel about "sneakers"? i looove it :)

real talk.. if i made another ryeji story, would you guys continue to support? i'm not sure the genre yet :) if anyone has any ideas or thoughts please let me knoooow.

sorry for the short chapter, i had little ideas for this one.

let me know your thoughts!!

I would like to thank everyone for supporting this book and getting me to 10k+ reads. i know it was a tough read lol. i never thought this would happen and i am so very grateful for everyone who has read this far. you guys deserve the world! all my love goes out to you guys. seriously. 💝

also! this is the breakfast i imagined ryujin cook (chef ryujin am i right?)
👇👇👇👇👇

also! this is the breakfast i imagined ryujin cook (chef ryujin am i right?)👇👇👇👇👇

cute right? :) <3