Chapter nineteen

Yeji is practically crying from nerves. She's just told Ryujin she's going to pick her up in fifteen minutes.  The two are going to go to the park, and Yeji is going to tell Ryujin she has feelings for her.

She's extremely scared, of course she is, but the conversation she had with Mrs. Lee last week really bumped up her confidence.

Except for now of course, she has no confidence anymore. That daring side of her left as soon as she saw the typing bubble come onto her phone screen, indicating that Ryujin was writing back.

Maybe Yeji thought she wouldn't answer, or she'd say no— but no, thats not Ryujin.

Ryujin responded with a 'Of course you are. See you then!!'

Yeji could practically see Ryujin's smile on her face.

She hoped it was there at least.

That's come to be one of Yeji's favorite words; hope.

It's because it describes her and Ryujin's relationship; hopeful. Yeji's hopeful Ryujin likes her the way she likes Ryujin.

In an attempt to never repeat her outfits, she tries a new style today. (maybe to try and impress someone)

Panicking still, she prepares herself a speech, before getting in the car and driving to Ryujin's location

Ryujin is waiting out side as always, and there's a bright smile on her face as Yeji gets out of her car and opens the passenger side door.

Yeji watches Ryujins every move, from the way her whisker dimples adorn her face as she smiles, to the way she ducks her head when she gets in the car.

She's so pretty. Yeji thinks, but does not say. Ryujin has the front prices of her hair tied up. A cropped t-shirt clinging to her torso, a leather jacket with "RJ"sewn onto the back hangs over her shoulders, as ripped jeans hug her legs.

"So," Ryujin speaks first, clutching her phone in her right hand, "let's go shall we?"

When the girls arrive, Ryujin is smiling at the scenery— many tall trees, with beautiful flowers lining them.

Yeji understand that she has to get this over with somehow, and is wondering what to do if she gets rejected; as she drive Ryujin here and the drive back would be very awkward.

Yeji shudders at the thought, and Ryujin must understand it as Yeji being cold, because she offers her jacket.

"Here," she says, a concerned look in her eye, "it's not very warm, but it'll do. Take it."

As much as Yeji would love to wear the jacket that Ryujin has, she knows Ryujin would be freezing without it, so she refuses.

"No, I'm alright." Yeji smiles at her.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry."

"Okay," Ryujin shrugs as she puts the coat around her again and turns around, the bold RJ becoming visible, "if you're positive."

"I am," Yeji figures now is the best time to say it "I wanted to talk to you about something."

That makes Ryujin turn around, once again facing Yeji.

"Sure," She gestures to the bench not so far away from them, "Whatever you want."

When they sit down, Yeji starts nervously picking at her nails. Ryujin notices this because — of course she does— and puts her hand over Yeji's. She's so thoughtful. It makes Yeji's heart ache.

"Is something wrong?" Ryujin asks carefully, not really knowing what to say.

"No nothings wrong. Just— I don't know."

"Okay. Is there something I can do?" Ryujin asks again.

"Nothing but listen."

Ryujin doesn't verbally say anything, just nods.

Yeji takes that as her queue.

"So we turned out project in last week."

"We did," Ryujin smiles, "How'd it go?"

"Very well, too well almost." Ryujin nods.

"I— My teacher told me something, and I had already been thinking about it," Ryujin nods again, though a frown has taken over her face.

There's a pause. Though it isn't long, or short, it's still there.

"She had confirmed something I secretly already knew, although it's been hard for me to continuously think of it."

"Is everything okay?" Ryujin says, but Yeji just nods and shushes her.

"She asked me about you. Told me that I cared about you a lot, which I already knew," Yeji watches as a blush spreads across Ryujin's face. 

"But what she really said is that I care about you in a way I don't care about other people,"

Something flashes in Ryujin's eyes. Yeji isn't sure if  it's realization, or confusion, but whatever it is... it's not negative.

She looks down at where Ryujin's hand rests upon hers. The lights of the park lighting up where the two sit.

"What I'm saying is, I love you Shin Ryujin."

A/N: IT HAPPENED !!!🥰🥰🥰 tbh i'm too excited for yeji rn omg. i'm also very nervous ;)

what do you think ryujin is gonna say?

vote and comment!!!