Chapter fifteen

"You'll see."

——————-
Hwang Yeji

The look in her eyes as she speaks to me makes shivers role down my spine.

I'm hopeless, truly.

The element of surprise that comes from hanging out with Ryujin drives me insane, in a good way of course.

She presses on the gas pedal, speeding out of the driveway. Her eyes focus on the road, one hand on the wheel as the other stays on the arm rests.

Her jean jacket is rolled up at the wrists, showing a very faint tattoo that I can't quite read.

It brings me back to my ex in a way.

I don't like thinking about her.

Ryujins hand —the one I was very clearly looking at— twitches a bit under my gaze.

My eyes go up to her face as she breaks contact with the road to smile at me.

I smile back before Ryujin turns the radio in the car on.

The car is overtaken by the familiar tune of "august"

"Do you like this song?" She asks me.

"Yeah, of course, who doesn't like Taylor Swift?"

She smirks a tiny bit at me answer, "Touché"

It only takes a bit before Ryujin starts to sing.

"But I can see us lost in the memory
August slipped away into a moment in time
'Cause it was never mine
And I can see us twisted in bedsheets
August sipped away like a bottle of wine
'Cause you were never mine"

I've never heard her sing before.

It's funny, the way we were in Paris, yet this is the first time i've heard her sing.

Our teacher prolonged the date for the pictures, now making the deadline in a few weeks. Which is good, it gives me more time to take pictures. Pictures of moments like these.

I grab my phone, and angle it slightly to get the full shot I want.

Ryujin wasn't paying attention, only looking my way after the flash goes off.

"Hey!" She laughs. She has a very pretty laugh.

I need to stop.

She looks so pretty, her pink hair slightly tucked behind her ears, while some small pieces linger in front of her face.

Pink hair suits her very well I think. Although, I don't remember seeing her with a different color.

"At least you look good in it." I shrug in response.

"You'd say that anyways." She speaks, and she's not wrong.

"Good thing you know I'm not lying, then." 

She blushes a light pink at my words. I can tell she likes to get complements.

"Shut up, you're just being nice."

Why can't she see how pretty she truly is?

"You wish. You know how pretty you are." I say, because, she should.

"You interrupted my song." She pouts playfully.

I laugh again, for the millionth time.

"Oh yes, because hearing you sing is something I'd like to hear." It is.

"Yeah yeah."

_____

It only takes about an hour before we're pulling up to a cliff side. One that has a fence and benches surrounding it.

"We're here."

"I figured."

"Good."

When I step out of the car, I can fully take in how pretty the view is.

The lights like up the city below us in the dark, a bunch of tiny yellow lights shining against the moon.

"Woah." I say, because I can't help it.

"Right? I felt like you'd like it." Ryujin says back. I turn to look at her.

She looks nervous in a way, her hands stuffed in her pockets, one ankle crossing over the other.

"I do like it, very much actually."

"I came across it a few days ago and thought of you."

My heart leaps practically out of my chest. She can't just say things like that.

"Thank you, I'm honored." I say back.

"I'm glad."

I take a seat on one of the benches, the closest one to the middle.

I pull out my phone before taking a line of photos. It's crazy really, I tend to go overboard.

I feel Ryujin take a seat next to me on the small bench, only big enough to fit about two people.

"It's pretty isn't it?" She asks.

"Of course it is." I though she could tell I liked it.

"Reminds me of you."

Yeji from a month ago is jumping on her bed right now.

Let's face it, Yeji right now would also be jumping on her bed right now.

"The view reminds me of you?" I tease.

"Yes and no you idiot," she laughs "You can take pictures of the view, but it's pretty, like you." She looks towards me, a small smile of her face.

Somebody pinch me.

"Shin Ryujin..... are you, flirting with me?" I ask in slight joke.

"I don't know, it depends."

"Depends on what?"

"On if you liked what I said or not."

I think I might faint.

"If I didn't?" I say. I want to tease her, like she does me.

She swallows.

"Then I wasn't."

"And if I did?"

"Then I was." She replies shortly.

"So you were?" I smirk at her.

"I guess I was." She shrugs again.

I lean forward so my elbows touch my knees to get a better angle for the pictures that I'm still taking. 

Sue me alright? I like to take pictures.

"Yeji?" I hear from behind me, instantly pausing my work with the pictures.

"Yeah?" I look backwards so that she's in my view point. She looks nervous again, out of place.

"Can I ask you something?"

______

A/N: lol cliffhanger!!! should i do more first person povs, or keep to third person? i wanted to try something different :P

anyways thanks for 3k reads!!

let me know what you want to see in this book, i will do all of your ideas. and i mean all. because this book is for the readers, i want it to be something you all enjoy. :P

vote and comment!!!!