Chapter twenty-one

"Yes!" Yeji exclaims, finally finding her favorite outfit.

Today she's going on a date with her crush, Shin Ryujin. Every outfit she's ever picked out has been for that girl.

She throws the outfit on, fixing her makeup and hair.

Ryujin had texted just minutes ago saying that she would be a bit late, as there was a lot of traffic in the streets at this hour. To make it worse, it's a Friday.

Yeji actively paces the floors of her small apartment barefooted, stressing about what to do when she sees Ryujin.

Should she have bought flowers? Uh oh.

She realizes she probably should have bought Ryujin a gift, like Ryujin gave to her last week. She hasn't taken the necklace off since.

She rubs her index finger on the small engraved letters. Yeji definitely loves her girlfriend.

____

Ryujin is as cool as a cucumber.

A cucumber that has been boiled in water that's 400 degrees.

It's safe to say that she's definitely not cool right now.

She did actually buy flowers. She saw them at the store and knew that she needed to buy them. They were pink and white—absolutely perfect. Perfect flowers for a perfect girl.

Ryujin throughly has thought through her plan. She's surprising Yeji by going to the place they ever had a first real conversation. Yeji's grandparents café. Ryujin's second favorite place in the world.

(Her first is Yeji's arms.)

She has actually planned it all out. Ryujin talked to Yeji's grandparents and explained what she wanted to happen.

The reason she's not cool right now is fact that she's stuck in a traffic jam; one that only has about a million cars in front of her.

Ryujin's more upset with the fact that she hates to be late. Hates the fact that Yeji's date will be ruined because she is stuck in traffic. Hates that Yeji's grandmother will be upset that Ryujin wasn't there at her reservation. Yeji also can't meet her there because it's a surprise. So yeah, things are looking great for Shin Ryujin right now.

The traffic light never switches colors it seems. Always on red. At this point she can't even see the lights. She hits the steering wheel with one hand, mentally cursing at herself because of the situation she's in.

It takes about fifteen more minutes before the million cars turns to a thousand, then another five minutes for the thousand to turn to regular traffic again.

Looking at her watch, she realizes she's twenty-two minutes late. Plus the added time to get to Yeji's.

When she finally arrives, she grabs the flowers out of her passenger side door. With them behind her back, she walks up to the enterance to Yeji's apartment.

Yeji opens the door smiling, clutching a blue handbag at her side.

Her jaw drops when Ryujin reveals the flowers.

"Ryujin— oh my gosh! You definitely shouldn't have. I'm sorry I— didn't really have time to buy anything."

"It's okay," Ryujin says "We need to go, like, now." She finishes, glancing at her watch for dramatic effect.

"But—" Yeji starts, "What am i going to do with these?" She gestures to the flowers in her hand.

"Bring them! Come on we need to go!" Ryujin doesn't let Yeji go anywhere, grabbing her hand and lightly tugging on it in the direction of her car. Yeji laughs with a find smile on her face.

___

Yeji knows where they're going as soon as Ryujin turn on the road. She lights up immediately. Spewing out thankful gestures to Ryujin as Yeji hasn't visited since the two's last time there. "It's so perfect, Ryujin. Thank you."

Ryujin just looks at Yeji and grins. Happy to see her love happy and content. "I'd do anything for you. You know that."

"Good. I'd do the same for you."

The rest of the drive is silent, but it's not awkward. How could it be? Yeji's face is lit up by the street lights as she gazes out the window. A perfect smile is on her face, exposing her dimples as she rests her chin on her palm. Yeji couldn't be happier.

Neither could Ryujin.

The girls are greeted by Yeji's grandmother immediately after arriving. She has a warm smile on her face while standing in the door. "Girls!" She starts, "You both look beautiful!"

Yeji takes Ryujin's hand and leads the walk inside. Her grandmother leads them to the table they both sat at the first time they were there. A especially request on Ryujin's part.

The café is mostly empty, beside one couple sitting four tables away from them. The lights in the place are dim, a few fairy lights that have been strung across the ceiling twinkle; making it that much more beautiful. It smells of cinnamon and vanilla as well and the gentle glow of the candle on the table lights up Yeji and Ryujin's faces. It's the definition of romantic.

Any nerves that Yeji had an hour ago fade away, amd she smiles. She's happy. They both are.

When the girls order, they just talk. Talk about everything. Nothing is left unsaid.

"You look gorgeous." Yeji says, tilting her head to admire the full profile of Ryujin's face. Laughing as Ryujin smiles then looks down, blushing. Before looking to the side.

Ryujin takes a deep breath, before looking at Yeji again. "You do too. Stunning, even,"

Now it's Yeji's turn to giggle and look at her feet. She can feel the blush tinting her cheeks as they get warmer. She looks off to the side and feels her grandmother looking at her with a fond smile on her face. Yeji smiles back as her grandmother gets back to work, walking behind the desk and disappearing out of view.

"Your grandmother is the best." Ryujin says again.

"I know. She's a,ways been there for me. She's an amazing supporter."

"I'm glad you have someone like that in your life. It's an amazing feeling,"

Yeji frowns a bit and looks at Ryujin. She hopes Ryujin has someone like that in her life.

"I know what you're thinking," Ryujin says, her voice quieter than usual "And it doesn't matter now, because I have you here."

Yeji wants to say it does. It does matter. But before she can say anything her grandmother comes into view, gigantic smile on her face.

"Here you go," She puts the food on the table very gently, "I hope you ladies enjoy."

——

AN: hi!! it's me, i'm back! i wanted to get this out on valentines but it didn't happen.... sorry:( we are nearing the end of the story! thank you guys for supporting me!! leave a comment if u liked it and vote!