Chapter twenty

Yeji's own heart drops- maybe from nerves or from relief.

She's said it. She's finally said it.

Ryujin hasn't said anything.

Yeji feels tears start to form, something she knew was going to happen, so, she just starts rushing out a bunch of words she feels is necessary.

"Look—It's okay if—I understand—if you don't— I don't really—"

"Yeji," Ryujin says calmly, her eyes full of emotions Yeji can't decipher, but, she's smiling, and that must be a good thing.

Yeji breaks into tears, a single sob escaping her as she feels Ryujin engulf her in a hug.

"It's alright Yeji, it's okay."

Yeji pulls her head off of Ryujin's shoulder, both of the girls eyes glazed over in tears.

"But—"

Ryujin shushes her once, "I love you too."

"You—"

"Yeah," Ryujin takes Yeji's face into her hands, rubbing the tears that threaten to fall down Yeji's face off her cheeks.

"I'm surprised you didn't notice, Yeji."

"What?"

Now is Yeji's turn to be shocked. Shin Ryujin loves her?

"Yeah," Ryujin takes a shaky breath through her mouth, "ever since like— Paris? Do you know know why I took you there?" Ryujin laughs.

"I thought you were doing it for the project." Yeji frowns.

"You think I would take just anyone to Paris? Just for a project?"

"Well—"

"I planned on asking you to be my girlfriend on the last day we were there. I was totally obvious!"

"That long ago?"

"Yes!" Ryujin laughs.

Yeji tries to think back to the day. She can't remember any signs of Ryujin planning such a thing.

"Really?" Yeji shakes her head in disbelief, the tears gone.

"Yes."

"So what does that mean then?"

"That I've loved you longer than you have me?"

"No— also that's like not true— but, like, no. I mean— like for us?"

Ryujin starts digging in her handbag, "I bought you something while we were there— I was gonna give it you you at the right time— but I was too scared," Ryujin looks at Yeji for a moment, her hand clutching something in her bag, "I guess now is the best moment I'm going to get right?"

She pulls out a white box. It's smalls, and definitely looks expensive.

Ryujin's cheeks turns light pink, and she smiles looking down at the box.

"Hwang Yeji," She gulps, obviously a bit nervous now. She makes eye contact with Yeji for a second, the older girl's mouth open slightly. Ryujin looks away.

"Hwang Yeji," She repeats again, a smiling lighting up her whole face.

"You are seriously one of the coolest girls I've ever met, honestly. You're pretty, smart, and funny, and just overall amazing," she exhales shakily before beginning again, "I am very lucky that you chose me to be the focus of your project," She pauses again, "But I wanted to know If you'd be my—"

"Yes." Yeji breaths, not letting Ryujin finish her sentence. Ryujin smiles.

"Hey, you're supposed to let me finish first." She says.

"Not when I know what you're going to say."

"What if I was gonna ask you to marry me!" Ryujin exclaims, laughing.

"Yes?..."

"Oh my gosh. Shut up."

Ryujin opens the box, and inside is a dainty, gold necklace with the inscription 'yeji'

There's a small heart at the end of the carving, and it makes Yeji's heart happy.

Yeji takes it from Ryujin's hand, inspecting the necklace. It looks expensive. How could she be so lucky?

Ryujin laugh at Yeji fondly, then she takes the box back, and takes the necklace out.

"Do you like it?" She asks nervously.

"Of course I do. Now, put it on me."

"Sure,"

Ryujin clasps the necklace around Yeji, being careful when making sure her hair doesn't get caught in it.

"So, I'm guessing you'll be my girlfriend right?" Ryujin laughs.

"Yes, Ryujin. Obviously." Yeji smiles in return.

"Hey! Stop with the attitude! You're not allowed to treat your girlfriend this way."

"Yes I am. She does the same."

"You are very lucky Yeji. I'm not sure how your girlfriend puts up with you!" Ryujin says, a smile on her face as Yeji rests her head on her shoulder.

"Honestly, me neither."

"You're my favorite person ever." Ryujin confesses.

"Over Yuna and Lia? I'm shocked." Yeji gasps dramatically.

"Oh, yeah. Those girls are a different story. I love them to pieces though."

"I know you do."

"Yeji?"

"Yeah?" Yeji asks, looking up from her shoulder.

"Go on a date with me."

____

hiiiii guys. sorry it took so long. this was written like last month but i didn't have the energy to post. laugh out loud.

vote and comment ur opinions!

THANKS FOR 7K!