Chapter eighteen

Finally, the day that they must turn in their project has come.

Yeji has made a folder of all the pictures she's taken, and honestly, it makes her a bit emotional looking back at them.

The ones especially of Ryujin and her in Paris, where Ryujin is standing in front of the Eiffel Tower.

Yeji remembers the moment, how they were upset about leaving, but almost more upset about not seeing each other as constantly.

She knows how much she thought about it, days after it happened. And how it hasn't quite left her mind yet, still in the very back of her head, only once in a blue moon reminding her of the time they spent together.

Yeji can admit, she's been pretty stressed out lately, not really making time for seeing Ryujin, and it's very inconvenient.

She misses her, and she doesn't think she's even been away from the younger girl for so long.

It's been almost a month. Twenty-one days. Yeji may be going crazy.

Of course, they've stayed in contact, just not as close as Yeji would like. The two have texted over the three week time frame, once every other day maybe.

A casual 'hey' or 'you busy?' to which Yeji would have to reply 'doing homework' or something of the sort.

Basically, she was annoyed.

Ryujin waved when she say Yeji at school, or they had a short conversation if they were in close enough proximity.

But finally, the day has come, when she doesn't have to worry about the collection of pictures she has sorted through.

The teacher asks her to stay after class to 'discuss' her project. Yeji gulps.

"Yeji," her teacher sighs, dropping the decorated folder with 'Photography' printed across it in pink bubble letters.

The teacher smiles warmly, opening the folder, coming across the first picture Yeji took of Ryujin, the teacher points to it.

"This girl here, you care about her a lot. I can tell,"

Yeji blinks, opening her mouth as if to speak but her teacher doesn't let her.

"I can tell that you like her a lot," Yeji blushes. "and I can tell she cares about you too."

Yeji looks away, but nods.

"Yeah."

"I had someone like that once," her teacher speaks again, causing Yeji to look up at her face. She's smiling — sadly now —and looks as if she's thinking quite hard.

"Although, I don't think she cared about me as much as this girl," she taps of the picture of Ryujin that Yeji took when they went out for breakfast— one of the first times the girls had met— "cares about you." Mrs. Lee finishes.

Taking a shaky breath in, not realizing how emotional she has gotten, Yeji says "I like her a lot."

"I know. I can see it on your face,"

Yeji smiles. It's a fond smile, looking at the picture she took of Ryujin in Paris, while they were walking in a crowd of people.

"I could tell as soon as I opened the folder, it's a good thing. Everyone deserves their person,"

Yeji hasn't spoken much during this whole conversation, but she can't find the words to say. Everything her teacher is saying is true.

"I think your person, is this girl. You're her person."

Yeji swallows, not knowing what to say, not knowing how to thank her teacher, not knowing what to do.

"I....hope so."

"Now go, run along. Tell her."

Yeji nods, scurrying out of the classroom before her teacher says anything else. She hopes what Mrs. Lee said was true.

She really really hopes.

A/N: lol it's been a month i know... kinda a filler chapter but i though it was cute. missing ryeji rn!!!

sorry i haven't posted! school break is soon so hopefully i'll be able to write more then! also, so is my bday! so expect something special then!

vote and comment!

(not proofread)