Chapter sixteen

"Can I ask you something?"

Yeji's head is filled with a million things. What she wants to ask, what her response will me, if it's an important question. So many things going through her head.

"Sure." She says, somewhat confidently.

Ryujin inhales a big breath, releasing it after four seconds, Yeji counted.

"So," Ryujin starts, "How do you know when you like someone?"

Yeji drops the air she was holding in her lungs as — relief?— takes over her.

Instead she puts on her teasing look, "Ryu," Ryujin rolls her eyes at the outdrawn 'u'. "Do you like someone?" Yeji smirks.

"I don't know, that's why i've asked."

"But you've dated someone before, right? Think about how that felt."

Yeji immediately senses shes said something wrong with the way Ryujin's face drops.

Silence overtakes then for a second before Yeji says something.

"Or you can think about how you feel with the person you have in mind, if they make you happy when you're around them. That would be a start."

Ryujin lifts her head, "Yeah? Seems almost like you've thought about this a lot."

"Maybe I have."

"Really? About who?"

Panic.

Yeji panics.

"I don't think you know them."

Ryujin doesn't let it show how much it —maybe— affected her.

"So? That means you can tell me."

"No." Yeji shakes her head.

"Come on," Ryujin says, smiling lightly, shaking Yeji's shoulder.

"No!" Yeji laughs, pushing Ryujin away softly, "Let's get back to you, how do you feel around them?"

The younger girl smiles, "Honestly, I don't know. I feel happy when I'm around her, like I could tell her anything. But when I think about her not liking me back, I get scared, and those feelings go away for like— a day."

"You don't think she likes you back?"

"There's no way."

"Why?"

"If you could see her the way I see her you'd understand."

"I've never met her?" Yeji asks.

"I guess met isn't the right word.."

"What?"

"Never mind— anyways she's so sweet, and way out of my league."

Yeji sighs, Ryujin sounds silly.

Who wouldn't like Ryujin? Yeji doesn't know.

"Have you seen yourself? You're very pretty, I'm sure everyone has a crush on you by now."

"I'm glad you think so."

"I know so."

Ryujin stands up, walking over to the edge before pulling a camera out of the bag she had been carrying.

She starts taking pictures of the view, completely immersed in the sight.

Yeji is immersed i'm the sight of Ryujin.

So, she takes a picture of Ryujin.

"I'll pretend I didn't notice that

"I'll pretend I didn't notice that." Ryujin laughs.

"Good."

__

Yeji's laying on her bed, once again, thinking about Shin Ryujin.

She's just so likable.

Her phone lights up, with a text.

Yeji sighs looking through her camera roll

Yeji sighs looking through her camera roll. She really does have a lot of pictures of Ryujin.

It's pathetic how much Yeji likes her, really.

_

"Oh my god Yuna shut up." Ryujin groans.

Ryujin is at Yuna's house, after Yuna called her saying she was bored.

The conversation somehow drifted to Hwang Yeji.

(Although Ryujin swears she wasn't the one who brought her up.)

(She was.)

"I think it's great, really. Yeji's a sweet girl."

"I know." Ryujin groans again, this time covering her face with her hands.

"I'm just worried about you. Are you sure you're ready after—"

"Don't say it." Ryujin says.

"I know."

"I'm scared too."

"Yeji is lovely Ryujin, I'm sure—"

"Yeah but so was she, im the beginning at least."

"Ryujin," Yuna pats Ryujin on the back, "stop comparing her to Yeji, okay?"

"I know."

"Back on a lighter note, let's make popcorn!"

Ryujin can't help but let out a laugh, her friends always did know how to make her feel better.

___

A/N: surprise......!! (?) bet you weren't expecting to see me here! anyways.., i'm so so sorry for waiting two months, a bad move on my part i know. it felt really good to just have a break from everything though.. this story has brought back the pictures and texts! i've gone back to my roots lol....

i just started school! and i don't have much time to write... i've started a new book called "dumb" it would mean a lot if you could check it out. :')

i also wrote this rlly late so cut me some slack ok? :)

ily all

vote and comment!