Chapter fourteen

"Chaeryeong!" Yeji calls out to her friend, when she sees her at school.

It's the first time Yeji and Ryujin have been back, and It's a Monday.

"Yeji?" Chaeryeong gasps, turning around to meet the older girl.

She runs up to Yeji from her place in the hallway, immediately embracing her in a hug.

"I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too."

"It's been so long! What happened?"

Yeji isn't quite sure what to say to that. A lot happened but nothing actually happened.

"Yeji..I know that look," Chaeryeong says, and Yeji knows. Her best friend always could read her like the back of her own hand. "Tell me everything."

So she does. Yeji tells her about Ryujin, and what's going on (if anything at all, even though Yeji would like to believe there was.)

She talks about how her crush for Ryujin has gotten bigger, so big she couldn't stop it. She tells Chaeryeong about how she stayed at Ryujin's home, and their little encounter there. Chaeryeong just sits and nods along, flashing a smile at her whenever she hears something sweet Yeji or Ryujin did. It's nice for Yeji to be getting these feelings out. I mean, it's not like she could express herself in front of Ryujin anyways.

She finishes her explanation with, "And she doesn't feel the same."

"Yeji, are you kidding!" Chaeryeong exclaims, shooting her arms to her sides.

Yeji looks up with wide eyes, looking around the hallways to find only a couple people looking at the two girls.

"What?"

"Ryujin is like— in love with you! Okay, well— maybe not in love — but she sure likes you a lot!"

Yeji blinks, before shushing the younger girl, because she was quite loud— but also in case Ryujin happened to be lurking the halls.

"You're insane." Yeji shakes her head with a light scoff, obviously not believing Chaeryeong.

"You're insane for not thinking the same thing. Come on Yeji, are you joking?"

"Shut up." Yeji smiles nonetheless.

~~~~~~

"You like who?" Jisu says, biting the end of a sandwich.

"Oh my God shut up." Ryujin says, shaking her head at her friend.

"I knew it would happen Ryu, after you told me about taking her to Paris." Yuna teased, laughing at how the situation worked out.

"You know, you guys are making me regret telling you at all."

Jisu speaks again, "Oh come on, you know we're just picking on you. I think it's great you've found someone you like." She finishes, still engrossed in her sandwich.

"Yeah Ryujin, it's lovely." Yuna smiles. She always has been someone who was so in love with seeing her friends happy.

Ryujin smiles a tiny bit, but the cold wind makes the three girls shiver, ending their conversation.

"I'm gonna go inside." Ryujin says, getting up from her spot on the bleachers, watching as a few people run laps on the track.

"Yeah me too, come on Lia." Yuna says, standing up before dusting off her pants and jacket.

Jisu looks like she hadn't actually been listening, but gets up anyways.

Before Ryujin can completely walk away, Jisu yells out her name.