epilogue (twenty-three)

Yuna and Chaeryeong, Ryujin and Yeji, and Lia. Poor Lia.

Not really though, Lia loves being there to watch her best friends thrive as the happiest couples they can be. She calls herself "the fifth wheel." Even though everyone has offered to hang out one-on-one, Lia prefers to be with her couple friends. She doesn't complain, and even takes photographs of the girls and puts them in her own album. She says since her friend's relationship started with taking pictures, maybe hers will too.

Lia's just kidding.

Chaeryeong's favorite season is fall. She loves the cool breezes, the pumpkin spice, the cinnamon candles, and halloween.

She also likes the fact she's able to cuddle all of her friends when she's cold, and no one suspects a thing.

It worked on Yuna, at least.

Yeji's Summer job has turned into an Autumn one. It's surprising how many people love outdoor ice cream during colder days. She's entered her first year of University as well, she dreams of being a photographer in Hollywood.

Ryujin always tells her she's the best of the best, and will achieve any dreams she could ever have. Yeji didn't believe her until she pinky-promised. That's how she knew she could go to University, and work towards her utmost dreams.

Ryujin has committed to online classes this year, because she wants to spend as much time with her girlfriend as possible. Yeji assured her it was okay, and she should be able to see the girls everyday.

Ryujin just said they could hang out every weekend, and so, they do. They haven't missed a single weekend that's not spent under the covers of the most comfortable, rose, blanket that gets thrown over all five girls, with a movie on the television in Yeji and Ryujin's apartment. The couch in their living room is small, but it does just fine.

This time in particular, Yuna has fallen asleep slung on Chaeryeong's shoulder, and Lia is asleep on Yuna's lap. Chaeryeong laughs, despite refusing to move, and blushes after Ryujin and Yeji coo at the couple. Yeji snaps a picture of Lia, and also one of Chaeryeong and Yuna. She'll send it to the group chat in the morning, so they'll all be able to see it, even though that may end with a couple red, fuming faces.

"Consider it.. revenge." She says out loud to Ryujin and Chaeryeong.

They all remember the first time the three girls found Yeji and Ryujin wrapped in each other's arms the first summer they were dating, and how big it became.

The next person to fall asleep is Chaeryeong, then Ryujin.

Of course, Yeji is the only one awake. Every time.

More silly pictures are taken and stored on her phone, before she ultimately decides to get up and leave the girls sleeping.

She moves Ryujin first, carefully lifting her tired body into her arms before walking to her bedroom. She places Ryujin down as delicately as she can, before lightly kissing her forehead and telling Ryujin she loves her.

Lia has woken up by the time Yeji comes back.

"You could sleep in the guest room if you'd like." Yeji says,

"It's okay," Lia yawns, "I'll sleep here." She replies, crawling onto a chair with a throw-blanket in her hand.

Yeji disagrees, but doesn't pressure Lia anymore.

Chareyeong and Yuna are cuddling on the couch, and.p by the time throws a blanket on them, Lia is fast asleep too.

Yeji stands and smiles. She smiles at everything thats ever happened in her life. She has the greatest friends, the best girlfriend, and the happiest life.

It's perfect. Everything is perfect.

Yeji turns off the lights, then walks towards her room. She glances one more time into the living room, and then at Ryujin.

"Parfaite." She whispers, falling asleep shortly after.

——

A/N: hi besties.... ITS OVER! i don't know whether to be happy or sad :( this has been an awesome year of writing this story! thanks to everyone who read past the first chapter! writing this story has seriously opened up a new 'chapter' of my life and i absolutely love writing! and reading too! i can't wait to improve on my future stories. thanks again everyone!

leave ur thoughts on 'parfaite', here.

xoxo