The Man with a Mask

Tw: none

I met Tommy and Tubbo outside in the courtyard. They sat on a random bench, laughing at some joke the other had just said.

"Boys! Let's go!" I called to them, waving one arm. Fundy was still sitting on the ledge, but Eret was nowhere to be seen.

How strange.

The boys and I made our way to the flower field. The field is exactly what it sounds like, full of flowers. Not man made, just natural. It felt amazing to be there.

Tommy ran through the flowers, trampling most of them. Tubbo was much more careful, yelling at Tommy whenever the crack of a stem breaking was heard.

"Tommy! That was a Chrysanthemum!" He would yell some names even I didn't understand. This boy sure knew a lot about flowers.

I, however, sat in the middle of the roses, my mind drifting somewhere else. I was thinking about the mystery man, trying to remember anything I could from all those years ago. All I could come up with was what he looked like, and a few things he said. The question that stuck out to me most, though, was how did he know my name?

"Blaze." Tubbo said, waking me up from my head. He stood above me, holding a white rose. "I got you one, I know it's your favorite."

"Thank you, Tubbo." I took the rose, being careful not to prick myself. Tubbo plopped down next to me as I twirled the rose between my fingers. I took a deep whiff of it, calmed by the scent.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Tubbo asked.

"What?" I replied quickly.

"Well, you seemed deep in thought, just wanted to know about what." I smiled, warmed by his kindness.

"Just thinking of a man with a white and black smiley faced mask." I said truthfully, not wanting to go into any further detail.

"You mean Dream?"

I froze up, confused.

"What?" My voice was harsh, with a sharp edge. He noticed.

"Well you just described Dream, that's all. Why are you thinking about him?"

My mind swarmed with thoughts and questions. That was Dream? The man who I'd met was also the man who wanted to kill everyone in L'Manberg? The man I'd given a healing potion was also the dictator of the Dream SMP land? My heart rate quickened as I realized why he'd been asking me all those questions earlier.

He was playing me. Teasing me.

It hurt to think I could be so stupid, so naive. You would think after Dante I would've learned...

I shut my eyes, biting down on my tongue hard as painful images of Dante appeared in my brainspace.

1, 2, 3,

A voice in my head began to count me back to the real world.

4, 5, 6,

It calmed me slowly but surely.

7, 8, 9,

10.

I opened my eyes, seeing Tubbo looking at me frantically.

"Did I do something wrong? Oh Blaze, I'm sorry if I said..."

"No no, it's okay." That quieted down the fearful boy. "I just have something to tell you and Tommy." I gave him a small smile, trying to lift his spirits. I hoped the thoughts of Dream would leave my mind. Maybe, if I was lucky, I could give him a piece of my mind tomorrow morning. I stood, yelling for Tommy. He came running, knocking now more flowers then I could count. Tubbo sighed, knowing this was a losing battle.

"What's up, woman?" Tommy asked, hands on his hips as he stood in front of me. I looked between them, then forced a smirk.

"Wilbur's promoted me into a soldier."

A/N

150 reads let's go!!!

I'm aiming for 1000.... hopefully I can get there eventually!

School has been hell, not going to lie to all of you.

New chapter will be posted on Sunday! See you then!

Word count: 645