Camouflage

Tw: self harm, blood

Blaze POV

I ran even faster home then when I'd ran to the cliff. As I approached the entrance to L'Manberg, a thought dawned on me.

What are you supposed to say?

I stopped mid step, thinking deeply about what to do. For what I could see I have 3 options.

Explain absolutely everything. When I met Dream in the woods years ago, how I kept it a secret, and the events of the last 2 mornings.

This option isn't much fun, I worry it will spark up some conversations about my past.

Say he threatened you and told you to scram, then give Wilbur the note.

Although I lie with ease, this one is pretty unbelievable. I get threatened and walk in there without a scratch? No way.

Then it hits me.

I make it look like he hurt me to make my story more believable.

This idea is foolproof.

Yes, it sounds horrible to hurt yourself over some story, but I desperately needed them to trust me on this. Option 2 might've caused them to question me, which might have caused option 1 to happen.

And option 1 cannot happen.

I'm not going to lie, it will hurt to lie to Tommy and Tubbo's faces, but it's what I have to do if I want to keep my past face.

First I pulled out my dagger and slit the top of my non dominant hand, hunching behind a tree. Blood seeped out of the wound, but I knew it would be okay. Now I took some of that blood and smeared it around my nose. Maybe he... punched me or hit me with the handle of his sword.

The irony taste of blood filled my mouth, making me want to hurl. I put small drops of blood in other places of my body.

I won't lie to you, I have cut myself before. It happened back when I spiraled, after all, it isn't good when a depressed teenager owns an array of sharp tools.

I looked at my pants sadly, then cut through a piece of the cloth, making a hole. I was finally satisfied with how I looked.

Now I stumbled in the gates, yelling for Wilbur.

A/N

If you need help, please get it!! Talk to a therapist, family member, or friend! I won't be covering this topic much, so you are pretty much in the clear.

Very short chapter, not my best work :(

250 reads! This is crazy!

School was so long today, I'm honestly glad to be home.

Have a good night!

Word count: 417