Love?

Tw: language

Blaze POV

Days passed like minutes, literally. It felt like I only got a blink of sleep when it was suddenly January 10th. Punz did some training with me, just a quick workout and some combat training. A part of me wondered what I was even training for? Whatever.

January 11th rolled around, another hard training day. January 12th, to 13th, and suddenly 14th. The sun was beginning to melt the snow, thank god. There comes a time when you really don't want that white blanket to cover the length of the earth anymore.

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get Dream off my mind. It's painful, because it seems every time my thoughts go too far they get over crowded by thoughts of L'Manberg. It really makes me think about how messed up my life is. I wouldn't be surprised if someone walked through that door and said they wanted me to go with them or whatever. I mean really, why can I just decide this shit? Are my feelings for Dream something else, or are they real? Does Wilbur still have feelings for me? God, my life is such a mess.

"Morning!" Puffy snapped me out of my daydream. I jumped and looked at her. She gave a confused look.

"Sorry I was just..." My voice trailed off. It's not like I can tell her what I was thinking about! She scoffed.

"Okay Blaze. Just wanted to let you know Cynthia will be here on the 19th to get your measurements."

My eyebrows furrowed. "For what?"

She chuckled. "Your dress, silly." I fell back in my bed, groaning. "Oh come on, isn't it exciting?"

"No, no it really isn't. Especially since I'm going as a third wheel," I whined.

She laughed. "Yeah, okay. Someone can still ask you, ya know."

I pursed my lips. "Who?" I asked in a somewhat mocking tone.

"I don't know, who are you friends with here?"

"You." She gave me a look. "Punz, Purpled I guess. Ponk, Sam..."

"They're all too old, too young, or already have someone." She pointed out.

I stared at the ceiling.

"Dream," I said in my head.

"What?" By the tone of her voice, I quickly realized I'd said it out loud. Shit shit shit...

"Nothing."

She chuckled. "Liar."

She's right, I am a freaking liar.

But if Dream asks me to this overrated, flimsy, stupid ball, I might just say yes.

——————————

January 15th, then 16th. Now 17th, 18th. The ball is in 9 days, and I am currently a third wheel. I really don't mind all that much, it's just a stupid ball, right?

Right?

This afternoon I had some freetime, so I brought Rusty into the lounge to sit with me while I read. He seemed excited to get out of my room, as he'd been cooped up in there for a while. I set him on the couch which he immediately laid down on, a beam of sunlight right on his face. My hair was in loose curls around me, tied back in a bun I definitely didn't try to make look good. Whatever, who do I even need to look good for?

"Hey." My head shot up at the sound of a voice. A familiar brunette with white circular glasses stood there.

"Hi," I said plainly, looking back down. A pause.