A New Home

Tw: language

Dream POV

Sapnap and I climbed into one of the jeeps parked just outside the woods, Punz and George stepping into a different one. As Sapnap started the car, I looked into the backseat at the injured girl that was lying there.

Her head was supported by an extra sweatshirt I had balled up, and her body was covered with a blanket. We really couldn't do anything to help the wound until they arrived back, but I knew she would hold on. Sanap started the car, and we began to drive away. After a few silent minutes of me looking back at her every 30 seconds, Sapnap finally spoke.

"I see why you have feelings for her." His voice was quiet, but loud enough for me to hear. My eyes widened beneath the mask. "She's got guts. Incredible pain tolerance, if anything. And she really fought hard to protect that kid." I nodded, not knowing what to say. "Dope." Sapnap wrapped up his statement. I scoffed.

"Well, you have a way with words." I mocked him. He chuckled.

"Your one to talk." This made me smile under my mask. He wasn't wrong about that one.

I took a look back at the sleeping girl behind us, staring at her face. She looked so peaceful... so content.

So beautiful.

I smiled to myself, happy I might finally have a conversation with her where we weren't constantly threatening each other.

Blaze POV

My eyes shot open in alarm as the memories suddenly came rushing back to me. I tried to get up, but felt a wave of pain rush over me. This made me groan in annoyance as I looked around the room. My eyes widened.

It was a bedroom, but you couldn't even call it that. The room was the size of my entire cottage. I lay curled up under many layers of blankets. The only one that touched my body was a silk sheet. I felt overwhelmed at the entire situation. To force myself to stand up, I had to grit my teeth. I still let out a grunt of agony. My feet landed on the floor, and I looked about at my outfit, surprised.

All I wore was a deep cobalt sports bra and black sweats. The wound that had previously been bleeding through it's bandages was now covered by an oversized band aid. My feet were covered with a pir of black and white wool socks. I covered my stomach, feeling somewhat naked even though no one was around.

Back to the room. The carpet was a deep cobalt blue, along with the comforter and bed covers. The walls were painting the same shade. A large dresser stood to one side, along with a seat right next to the window. The room was lit by three large windows and a white candle that burned on a deep brown colored desk. The bed was a canopy bed, which stunned me, as I have never seen one before. There were three doors in the room. One across from the bed, two next to each other in the corner. A golden mirror was hung on the wall. I approached it, looking at my reflection.

The cut that had previously ran across my cheek had faded to a small red scratch. I stroked it, feeling no pain. My entire body was scrubbed of any dirt or blood, to my surprise. My hair hung in loose curls around my face.

I didn't look too bad, which caught me off guard. When I had imagined living here, I'd pictured a jail cell with no natural light, the only light source being some tiny lantern.

I'd never imagined some regal bedroom that looked like it came straight out a postcard.

I made my way to one of the doors, twisting the handle.

It didn't budge. I let out a groan.

Nevermind, this is a prison.

Instead I approached the other doors, with little hope they would open. I stumbled through the doorway when one did. The room was small and dark, but the second I walked inside it lit up on its own. This made me jump. Then I noticed the many clothes that lined the walls.